Oh the humanity!!!

dbartco

Oh man, that sucks! Try to look on the bright side- now you'll have lots of frags to sell and you can use the money to buy bigger and better toys...

Ouch!! That is just heartbreaking. :eek:

I can't wait to here what the cause was. How can you just post pics like that and just leave us all hanging.

If that happens to me I am just going to switch back to softies and LPS. A lot less stressful.

ummm dude what got you?

Hint - what is dying? These are mostly the ones I could not get out of the tank.

I have lots of reactor media now!

Brutal - that hurts to look at. Is this the work of the flatworms?

Needless to say... we have frags whenever you are ready...

Edited by OUsnakebyte

Ooooo that really sucks - I hope you figure(d) out what happened and can keep it from happening again!

AEFW......No easy way to kill those either! That sucks.

I have a bunch of media reactor stuff if you need more!!!!!!! ;)

Hey Doug, I'm probably getting out of the hobby in the next few months. I'd like to think I have a decent collection of sps. I'll make sure to cut you frags of everything I have before I sell it off.

aefw is correct. I have been pulling bunches to separate tank and treating but the stag was too big to move. It really held on for a while, then once it went, it went in a big way. I assume the rest that went partially was a result of the mass rtn caused by the buggars.

So, no frags to sell for a long time from me. :( Actually, thanks to ctenophore for finding. I thought I was very meticulous of what I brought in through qt. must have missed some eggs somewhere down the line.

So what is the culprit?I doubt it's Aefw..looks like a mass rtn event..maybe temperature?

aefw is correct. I have been pulling bunches to separate tank and treating but the stag was too big to move. It really held on for a while, then once it went, it went in a big way. I assume the rest that went partially was a result of the mass rtn caused by the buggars.

So, no frags to sell for a long time from me. :( Actually, thanks to ctenophore for finding. I thought I was very meticulous of what I brought in through qt. must have missed some eggs somewhere down the line.

So do you have any wrasses to help keep pests at bay? I've always had a sixline and a Melanurus wrasse in my tanks, and I've never had issues with stuff like this (knock on wood). I think sixlines are the best. Mine were always scouring all over the rock looking for food. I always saw them picking off baby bristleworms and mini bristlestars out the rock. I've read plenty places that they definitely help keep these types of pests at bay. I've never QT'd corals either and have never seen any pests in my tank.

Yikes! How long have you been battling them? Any guess where you got them from? Were there any recent acro aquisitions? Any , idea of how long it takes too see symptoms once a frag with a few eggs is unknowingly introduced? The risk of AEFW makes me nervous as H-E-double hockey sticks when adding something to my tank. Details please.

Man, it's terrified to see people tank crash. I think I will someday have a nightmare over this. Keeping me finger cross. BTW, could you post pic of AEFW and what is RTN?

Sorry to be the harbinger of doom, Doug :(