Cheapest Salt Price?

TheyCallMeMr.703

I need more salt. And well want to get the reef version of Instant Ocean salt or that RedSea . From all our knowledge puttogether, where do you know of that I could go , or is Anyone selling for cheap, pm if so.

Thanks.

Edited by TheyCallMeMr.703

The word CHEAP and successful Reef Keeping does not go hand, and hand. Check online mail order deals and ask your LFS to match it. In addition some WAMAS member may a a few buckets for sale.

Quantum had Reef Crystals on a super sale for like $45 a box. You won 't even find that online, but alas it would cost me $10 in gas and lord knows how many hours in hellish traffic to take advantage of it.

In my opinion, the best online retailer for Reef Crystals and Red Sea are Drs Foster and Smith. Both of those salts go on sale all the time, but Reef Crystals regularly priced at $53.99 isn't bad even especially since you only have to spend $50 for free shipping. I also find it strange that if I get multiple items from them, the  heavy box salt ALWAYS shows up first, like in 3-4 days. The small stuff that weighs < 1lb shows up a few days later.

Maybe those of us in Montgomery county should let the forum know when we plan to go to a salt sale and we could get a few boxes.  Like my beer club in grad school did when one of us was going on a family trip to Downingtown, PA.  He would always come back with a trunk full of Victory beer.

Maybe those of us in Montgomery county should let the forum know when we plan to go to a salt sale and we could get a few boxes.  Like my beer club in grad school did when one of us was going on a family trip to Downingtown, PA.  He would always come back with a trunk full of Victory beer.

A lot of vendors will usually let the club know when they are doing a big order. I know that Quantum always helps out, and ERC has done a group buy before for great prices as well. BRK, although I've yet to visit, also has done some good prices during event weekends. Usually I find it's a good deal to grab a box of reef crystals for $40, imo. I try to stock up on as many as I can, unfortuantly space is tight. If you have the room, the money, and the time for one of these occasions, it's best to stock up, as long as your in the hobby, this is the one constant for all of us. Adding an extra 200 gallons of water into my routine has cut into my supply as well, maybe one of our sponsors will decide to organize a salt buy again?

Yea I can go for another box of IO Reef Crystals... Maybe Steve will throw another sale this weekend!

You got it :rolleyes: .  Just posted the sale as you requested

Lol, I always feel bad for my tiny USPS guy to carry boxes of salt up my driveway to my door. Whata sucker.

That's funny.

thanks Everyone... and TheSaleJustInTime... Upon Request. Much Appreciated.

A lot of vendors will usually let the club know when they are doing a big order. I know that Quantum always helps out, and ERC has done a group buy before for great prices as well.

I have run salt group buys from Fins and Feathers as well as Petland in the past. It just takes a phone call to get the pricing set up and a group buy thread started.

I have run salt group buys from Fins and Feathers as well as Petland in the past. It just takes a phone call to get the pricing set up and a group buy thread started.

Hey don't forget about us!  <edited>.  :)

Edited by Origami

OK. I just "hid" a ton of posts and you may be wondering why. It boils down to one person being a vendor and essentially posting an advertisement in this forum, which is a violation of our vendor terms of service: Vendors can only post ads like that in their sponsor forum or in the Vendor News forum (which is limited to one post every 7 calendar days). (The vendors are familiar with the rules....) All subsequent/related posts were removed.

If the sponsor / vendor would like to start a thread in his/her sponsor forum, they can do so and remain compliant.