My 200+ Gallon Miracles Build

I am finally able to start a build thread. The tank is on the stand (thanks to MBVette, Swimboy and Muddy), the lights are hung (thanks Rocko) and its time to show it off. I have a good friend who built my stand, and darn did he build it. You can park a truck on it. The stand itself weighs over 400 pounds... Hopefully next week i can start on the plumbing and get it wet tested in the next few weeks..

Here is the beginnings of the stand...My wife said it needs to be furniture grade or it wasn't coming in the house...

e7bc1bcb.jpg

100_0584.jpg

100_0582.jpg

100_0581.jpg

100_0579.jpg

All the dental moulding was hand cut, not store bought. My buddy has some skills....

100_0578.jpg

DSC_0489.jpg

DSC_0497.jpg

DSC_0493.jpg

DSC_0495.jpg

And after about 20 coats of primer/paint...yea the builder is a little OCD....If you need a stand built, PM me and I will put you in touch with my buddy. He is amazing at what he does...

DSC_1138.jpg

Now...a little about the light...I love T5 (sorry Ryan) and I wanted a fixture that looks amazing so i went with a Sfiligoi T5 fixture. Its 8x80 watt T5 and it will be suspended above the tank. This fixture is just amazing.

DSC_1051.jpg

DSC_1054.jpg

DSC_1158.jpg

Oh and since everyone loves a "whats behind the scenes" picture, I bought MChippo's sump and had Adam trim it down about 10" so that it would fit under the tank. And it just barley fit and aint coming out...

8bd1d5bc.jpg

And the best picture of all.... Who said there is no such thing as a mermaid....

DSC_1141.jpg

DSC_1144.jpg

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very, very nice, Eric. The tank looks great and that stand is just incredible.

It just so PRETTYYYYYYYYY!

and what adorable mermaid and mer-boy you got there,lol

Im kinda partial to them too. My daughter wants me to fill the tank up so she can swim in it.

Get some coral in there!

Its gonna be a few months till the coral goes in. Going to be taking it slow. Hopefully i will have the rock/water/sand in it cycling by the end of August.

Mermaid police, they need at least 3000 gallons to really thrive....oh yeh and 1 million for college and a protective detail against all boys.

Very nice looking set up cant wait to see the progression....stand is nuts

Mermaid police, they need at least 3000 gallons to really thrive....oh yeh and 1 million for college and a protective detail against all boys.

Very nice looking set up cant wait to see the progression....stand is nuts

Spoken like a man with a young daughter. Everything looks fantastic Eric. Looking forward to seeing this in a year when it's TOTM

Spoken like a man with a young daughter. Everything looks fantastic Eric. Looking forward to seeing this in a year when it's TOTM

One can dream. If i can get the colors that your getting, i would be happy. I need to go through all that rock i have and figure out what structures i am going to make. I am soo glad i went with 30" in depth, it gives so much more room to play with.