My 200+ Gallon Miracles Build

If you just move the leather to the right some where the PAR starts to drop you can leave the lights where they are. I actually try for a higher PAR but it depends on what corals you plan to keep.

As for your drain question, I think it is fine to use the drain line and add a "Tee" to it. You may have to add another ball valve.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea our par is around that high on the sand and about 570 at the top. I am pretty sure that and high flow is the reason we can't keep certain chalices or any acans... Zoas love it though.

My zoas have melted under PAR that high before. They prefer shaded areas in my experience. Funny how corals react differently tank to tank. Eric's readings show how important a PAR METER reading really is for our tanks. Everyone should use it and take readings at least once for their tank imo. Just to know what your numbers really are, and to help you place things accordingly.

My biocube I had before with LED's was over 1,000 out of water at full power...

I think the key is proper acclimation. Eric, you should set it up where rather than replacing all your bulbs at the same time you replace one every couple months. This will keep your PAR constant imo.

Looks like everything is coming along great. Love the build.

Thanks for the comments. I raised the light about 4" which lowered the par to 200 in the sand bed and about 35-50 par in other spots. I can't raise it much higher due to light spillage into the room. Still might have to look into a floating canopy to please the wife.

I am going to have to move a few corals around due to the readings. Hopefully the corals I burned are going to pull through.

And once I can take some decent pics I will post some up.

• 2 months later...

Getting there. I have finally gotten my colonies from Bob's and have my huge Undata, chalices and birdsnest in the tank. Just trying to get everything in the right places before i take some pics.

tell me about it. all the pics i take look like crap. I suck at taking pics. Need to take a class or something. I can't get the white balance anywhere near what it needs to be.

We all suck at taking pictures. Just look at mine, they all make my tank look cloudy...

That's to funny!!