My 200+ Gallon Miracles Build

Glad could help with the sump trim Eric ;). That stand is phenomenaaalllllll and even makes me salivate.

As for 30" depth...oh yes, wide short tanks are actually some of my favorites as they can be more economical for the buyer, but also give you substantially more space to aquascape with and can be a lot of fun to setup.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, that tank looks AWESOME.!!! And I love the stand. It looks so nice. Set ups like yours and Fazio are how I can convince my other half that a giant tank in the living room can look great.!! Id love to come see it, but your just so far away. I know its only 15min from BRK (in a helicoptor).. Congrats Eric.!

So far away? Ur like 20 minutes from my house.

No way.!! 30 min yes.. Maybe next time were headed down to Fburg we'll stop by. Whwn do you think it will be filled and running.?

If I can get it plumbed this weekend, Hopefully next weekend I will water test it. Once it passes the test, i will fill it with salt water.

(edited)

Nice, where is all of your livestock.?

Bob is holding my larger colonies. Should color up nice under his radium's. All my smaller stuff is in a 25 gallon frag system that will be tied into the larger tank once all the plumbing is done and the tank is cycled.

Btw, did you get my text.?

yes, responded.

You got water in that thing yet???

hopefully sunday evening i will be able to test the plumbing. Just depends on how much i am able to get through this weekend.

Edited by epleeds

So I am half way done with dry fitting my plumbing. My overflow box is 20" tall. I am going to be running my full siphon drain at 15" and my emergency drain at 17". Both will be 1.5" pipe. Anyone see any issues with the heights that I'm running.

So I am half way done with dry fitting my plumbing. My overflow box is 20" tall. I am going to be running my full siphon drain at 15" and my emergency drain at 17". Both will be 1.5" pipe. Anyone see any issues with the heights that I'm running.

Yes, run the emergency drain at 19". You want at much adjustment as possible with the full siphon on the 15" drain. 2" doesn't leave much room for adjustment or tweaking.

Nice setup! What will be your coral selection? SPS? LPS? Zoas? A little bit of everything?

I'm gonna have a little bit of everything.

Thanks. I also ran a drain from my sump to my sump pump under my house. It spans about 30+ feet. I am hoping it drains correctly. It's gonna allow me to perform a water change by just turning the valve.

07709d02.jpg