Which Side of the Fence Are You On?

lancer99

A friend's dad had one, green and white. I shot snot out my nose laughing when he turned the crank and the panel under the windsheid opened up, he said it was the air-conditioning.

HAHAHAHHAHA Now that's funny!

Since I was too late to react to that rainbow monti that you put up on the swap, instead of making me laugh, make yourself a profit and sell me a piece :biggrin:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAHHAHA Now that's funny!

Since I was too late to react to that rainbow monti that you put up on the swap, instead of making me laugh, make yourself a profit and sell me a piece :biggrin:

I'll have 10+ at the next meeting for $10 to $30 just like here but mine will be bigger.

I'll have 10+ at the next meeting for $10 to $30 just like here but mine will be bigger.

I will give you $50 because I like you and your rainbows

Edited by scott711

I will let someone else explain. :blush:

For 'member' - replace with 'tool' ... and I think you'll get it.

((and yes, I realize you meant the diminutive of Richard - but I didn't want to say that in a public forum))

bob

I get a little tired of people ragging on the LE stuff. From my MichaelG LE SuperAtomic Beige Capnella to my scott711 LE InfraSeductive Taupe Pseudoplexaura, it's the lineage that makes the difference in my corals. The first thing most people ask when looking at my tank is "Is that really a pupchao LE purple frilly with ecru polyps?"

I think the only thing lamer than worrying about whether a coral is a specific LE lineage is writing a long rant about how lame LE lineages are. Look out the window, there's a world out there.

Speaking of which, I am sitting in a room 17 stories above Mexico City. What am I doing online?

Trying to stay out of the smog?

bob

Edited by lanman

((and yes, I realize you meant the diminutive of Richard - but I didn't want to say that in a public forum))

bob

Rick with a silent 'p' :clap:

If I sold my frags at market rates, which I'dont, I would fall way short of paying my tanks electric bill; never mind salt (I change 40g/week), bulbs (3x 400w, 1x250w, 1x150w, and 4x140w), water, filters, reactor media (I run 3 different reactors), and the list goes on. No "profit" here.

I truly wish I could charge more for my frags; truth is, there is no a VERY small market in this area for people willing to pay market rates. I do not have time to ship, if I did I'd be all over selling on RC. I pay top $ to get the stuff I want, what's wrong with charging what you paid? If I pay $60 for a frag, should I grow it out and sell it for $10? H-E-double hocky sticks no.

Don't buy and your problem is solved.

I met Tyree ~4years ago (he was a guest speaker @ a CMAS event) and I came away saying I'd never buy a coral from him (directly) as he was a complete tool.

Wrong

AMEN brotha!!!

I've been to Rik's house once long ago before I was even a member of WAMAS. I got hung up in traffic and couldn't make it to Chris's house for a tank tour on time so I went directly to Rik's. He invited me into his home like a old friend although I'd never met him before and showed me his amazing tank.

I bought some corals from him that night, dirt cheap for the size of pieces he cut for me, and he gave me a couple more. Rik even discussed my tank and lighting system with me to make sure that I didn't pick something that wouldn't survive in my tank.

I still have a nice blue stag that I got from Rik and an amazing Tricolor milli which is my favorite coral. Try to even find the quality of capitive raised corals we get from other members in a LFS for a cheaper price, can't be done. Thanks guys.

How much do you charge non-members?

G.

To be a non-member, you must be a real member.

I will let someone else explain. :blush:

For 'member' - replace with 'tool' ... and I think you'll get it.

bob

bob

Rick with a silent 'p' :clap:

i havent been following this thread. i had to jump in and back track to see what you all were talking about. let me tell ya that this was clever dialogue and i was THOROUGHLY ammused!!!

im just clad that im a member.........of WAMAS!

At first, I felt bad about hijacking the thread :biggrin:

Well, if you're a tool, at least someone loves you (Dan Loves Tools).

Did you get all the way up the tallest pyramid at Teotihuacan? The view is great!

Que te dispiertes tu tiempo aca en Mexico!

I hope that was somewhere close to right :)

-R

Spent about 3 hours walking all over, up and down all the pyramids. Great thing about wandering around by myself. The views and the ruins are totally amazing.

If I understand the question, I'm here to visit my wife, who is here on detail for several months. At first I thought you were asking what I was waking up in Mexico. My Spanish is awful, and am very happy that most Mexicans are patient with idiots.

bob

No es posible.

To think I wrote all that without a large dog on my arm.

I was thinking about starting a pure SPS tank, should I use a DSB, BB or Zeovit?

Well... I LOVE anything that looks good. If it's an LE cool! If not, so what as long as it's a nice coral WHO cares. I am one person that will drop some serious cash on anything that I like. I've got some expensive Aussies, Chalices and SPS. If and When I sell them, they are usually below market value and I usually put them up on RC. As Rik said there aren't many people in this area willing to pay market value for corals.

Does that mean I should sell them for dirt cheap? NO! Have I sold stuff for much less than worth? YES!!! At the last meeting I sold a guy two polyps of Nuclear Greens for $19. Online they go for about 40 per polyp. BRK sells them for $25 per.

So the question remains... Are LE corals worth it? I depends on the person. I would drop $200 on a .5"x.5" chalice if it is nice and I like it. Some people would think I was insane. :drink:

To each his own.

I agree with Chris and Dave. Dave is an idiot, and I would spend money on a frag that I really liked. That said, I typically bow out when the price tag hits triple digits...

" I would drop $200 on a .5"x.5" chalice if it is nice and I like it. Some people would think I was insane."

Ditto.

At first, I felt bad about hijacking the thread :biggrin:

Well, if you're a tool, at least someone loves you (Dan Loves Tools).

Spent about 3 hours walking all over, up and down all the pyramids. Great thing about wandering around by myself. The views and the ruins are totally amazing.

If I understand the question, I'm here to visit my wife, who is here on detail for several months. At first I thought you were asking what I was waking up in Mexico. My Spanish is awful, and am very happy that most Mexicans are patient with idiots.

No es posible.

To think I wrote all that without a large dog on my arm.

I was thinking about starting a pure SPS tank, should I use a DSB, BB or Zeovit?

Dave,

Where in Mexico are you? Are you in Cancun or Cozamel?

That said, I typically bow out when the price tag hits triple digits...

It's cheaper if you pay in pesos

" I would drop $200 on a .5"x.5" chalice if it is nice and I like it. Some people would think I was insane."

I once spent $10,000 on a single coin (a cent). Many people thought I was nuts. Still do.

(I sold the coin years later for $15k)

tim