Which Side of the Fence Are You On?

lancer99

I spent $40,000 on MS stock, it's now worth $20,000. I am an idiot.

Could have been worse - it could have been Bearing Point :biggrin: (or one of many others)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could have been worse - it could have been Bearing Point :biggrin: (or one of many others)

I spent $2000 on Apple stock 8yrs ago. Best investment I've ever made. I was 17yrs old. :clap:

I have a list that will keep me with losses to write off for a long time.......

Dave,

Where in Mexico are you? Are you in Cancun or Cozamel?

Geez Mr. VP you aren't paying attention? He is in Mexico City :lol2:

BTW on Apr 5 Dave will be at the meeting in his Mariachi outfit serenating the attending wifes/gf to put money on their mans pockets for them to buy frags :clap:

"BTW on Apr 5 Dave will be at the meeting in his Mariachi outfit serenating the attending wifes/gf to put money on their mans pockets for them to buy frags " <---- Raf's wishingful thinking. :)

BTW, your hot pink yuma you sold me last year are doing very well and twice bigger in size. I'll take pix update when I get around with a digital camera. Right now, the money better spend on LE LPS and SPS frags. :) Haven't been able to get all stuffs I like yet.

Did you get all the way up the tallest pyramid at Teotihuacan? The view is great!

Dave, I will PM you with the SeaLife correspondence....

Que te dispiertes tu tiempo aca en Mexico!

I hope that was somewhere close to right :)

-R

As close as I can get...

Que te despiertes tu tiempo aca en Mexico! =

"Do you awaken your time here in Mexico!"

Or maybe... "I hope you spend some of your time awake here in Mexico" :)

Perhaps you meant divertirse - "Que te divertirse tu tiempo aca en Mexico' = I hope you enjoy your time here in mexico

-or-

Que te disfrutarse tu tiempo alla en Mexico = (more or less) I hope you enjoy your time there in Mexico.

But who knows - I haven't used Spanish for 20 years...

bob

Edited by lanman

I spent $2000 on Apple stock 8yrs ago. Best investment I've ever made. I was 17yrs old. :clap:

So how much could the stock go up in a week anyway?

:lol: :lol:

Hey...........I heard that - didn't anyone tell you to be nice to old people!

Edited by ErikS

So how much could the stock go up in a week anyway?

:lol: :lol:

Hey...........I heard that - didn't anyone tell you to be nice to old people!

LOL!!!

ONly problem is...

My parents won't let me touch it. I guess it's my retirement fund... :biggrin:

Not that I would ever want to be argumentative, but....

I really don't give a tinker's darn whether Steve Tyree is *removed* or not.

-R

Thank you mods for removing my highly inappropriate language, and not sending me a naughty-gram because of it.

I spent $40,000 on MS stock, it's now worth $20,000. I am an idiot.

And I bought 1500 shares (over ten years, not at a pop) of my employer's stock at around $60. Now it's under $20. You gotta love the mortgage industry.

As close as I can get...

Que te despiertes tu tiempo aca en Mexico! =

"Do you awaken your time here in Mexico!"

Or maybe... "I hope you spend some of your time awake here in Mexico" :)

Perhaps you meant divertirse - "Que te divertirse tu tiempo aca en Mexico' = I hope you enjoy your time here in mexico

-or-

Que te disfrutarse tu tiempo alla en Mexico = (more or less) I hope you enjoy your time there in Mexico.

But who knows - I haven't used Spanish for 20 years...

bob

Bob, I picked the wrong verb..."que te diviertas" (second person subjunctive). And it should have been "alla" (there by you) and not "aca" (here by me). I think disfrutar is the same thing?

-R

This has gotten a bit off-topic, but I'll put my .02 anyway.

I see two problems with this phenomenon.

1) If you're selling *insert LE named coral* and charging the going rate for it, you darn well better be able to show me lineage to the original colony. Why? Because if I'm buying one of those corals, I want to know that it is in fact the real thing that has been in home aquaria and passed down through multiple people. Why? Because if I'm paying a premium for that coral, I want to know for sure that it will keep its color and do well in my tank. If its wild caught or aquacultured in the ocean there's a much lower chance of that happening.

I can't stand it when people ask whether the coral they just bought from the LFS is actually named. This is primarily with zoanthids, but it goes for everything. If you didn't buy it as a specific coral and you don't know its lineage, don't try to attach the name to it. I have a decent looking encrusting monti and people have told me, "Oh, thats a reverse pokerstar monti." I constantly have to tell them that no, its a wild specimen that might look similar to whatever you're talking about.

2) If someone is selling a high-priced coral, don't tell them that they're overcharging for it and that they should sell it to you for dirt cheap just because they have a large colony. If you don't feel its worth the price, don't... effing... buy it. Supply and demand, its not a hard concept. If you really want the nice, high end corals just shell out for one frag, grow it out, and start to trade for other corals with it. Like with everything in this hobby, patience is key.

This has gotten a bit off-topic, but I'll put my .02 anyway.

I see two problems with this phenomenon.

1) If you're selling *insert LE named coral* and charging the going rate for it, you darn well better be able to show me lineage to the original colony. Why? Because if I'm buying one of those corals, I want to know that it is in fact the real thing that has been in home aquaria and passed down through multiple people. Why? Because if I'm paying a premium for that coral, I want to know for sure that it will keep its color and do well in my tank. If its wild caught or aquacultured in the ocean there's a much lower chance of that happening.

I can't stand it when people ask whether the coral they just bought from the LFS is actually named. This is primarily with zoanthids, but it goes for everything. If you didn't buy it as a specific coral and you don't know its lineage, don't try to attach the name to it. I have a decent looking encrusting monti and people have told me, "Oh, thats a reverse pokerstar monti." I constantly have to tell them that no, its a wild specimen that might look similar to whatever you're talking about.

2) If someone is selling a high-priced coral, don't tell them that they're overcharging for it and that they should sell it to you for dirt cheap just because they have a large colony. If you don't feel its worth the price, don't... effing... buy it. Supply and demand, its not a hard concept. If you really want the nice, high end corals just shell out for one frag, grow it out, and start to trade for other corals with it. Like with everything in this hobby, patience is key.

Well said!