Living Room Nano Peninsula

YHSublime

5 minutes ago, moga said:

still looks great~. imagine when you are really inspired. 

Most of what I do is imagine. 

Haha, thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(edited)

I always had a passion for flashin',

Before that, I closed my eyes and imagined. 

50524346511_9e304c9cba_k.jpg

Edited by AlanM
trying to fix image

• 3 weeks later...

This Friday (the 13th!) will mark the 3 year date of this tank getting wet. 

Definitely some ups and downs, but we're still here. 

50588339097_a93b02ea5f_k.jpg

Edited by AlanM
trying to fix image

13 hours ago, DCReefer1964 said:

As always sweet reef!!!!

13 hours ago, therootcause said:

Wow beautiful aquarium.

8 hours ago, jason the filter freak said:

@YHSublime your pics aren't imbedded but looks sick!

Yeah, my pictures aren't showing up for me either, anybody know what I'm doing wrong? Sometimes I can see them from my phone, but not from my desktop.

And thanks all, much appreciated. I'm debating selling some corals to open up the flow, I'm finding detritus is getting stuck outside of the usual places and I'm worried the pattern it's not as efficient as it once was because of clutter.  

fixed the images. 

Not sure what was going wrong, but in this newer version of the board on the desktop I copied your image URL, clicked "Other Media" down at the bottom and inserted the image via URL and it seemed to work.

2 minutes ago, AlanM said:

fixed the images. 

Not sure what was going wrong, but in this newer version of the board on the desktop I copied your image URL, clicked "Other Media" down at the bottom and inserted the image via URL and it seemed to work.

Thanks for the heads up, and for the fix. I've tried just using the URL, other media might be the way to go. Flickr posts up a bunch of information about the image like your username and links and all sorts of stuff that I've always edited out of the HTML, and it's worked up until this most recent version. 

I must've missed your posting. I thought you were out of hobby by selling the big tank and equipment.

I am still reefing since 2001.. and many old members left. which is sad..~

good thing you are still in the hobby.

2 hours ago, moga said:

I must've missed your posting. I thought you were out of hobby by selling the big tank and equipment.

I am still reefing since 2001.. and many old members left. which is sad..~

good thing you are still in the hobby.

Always nice to have some OG's around, these build threads used to be a lot more active! 

I was back and forth about setting up just one tank, or the other. I had this tank (the nano peninsula) up for sale for a while, but luckily for me the buyer backed out. I sold off everything I was starting to collect for the larger tank, and decided to stay in my lane and league and continue on with this current tank. 

16 hours ago, YHSublime said:

Always nice to have some OG's around, these build threads used to be a lot more active! 

I was back and forth about setting up just one tank, or the other. I had this tank (the nano peninsula) up for sale for a while, but luckily for me the buyer backed out. I sold off everything I was starting to collect for the larger tank, and decided to stay in my lane and league and continue on with this current tank. 

Great!!! I am glad!

So I’m starting to get some zoa morphs, can you see them? The ones that look like a variation of Sunny D’s were sold to me as JF Fairy Tales. The others are WWC Twizzlers, that basically invaded the whole rock with some version of bam bams or I can’t even remember. Anyways, natures crazy.

7314053D-D379-47AA-9A34-663A5486BAFE.jpeg

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, tpallas said:

Lookin good in the hood. What do you feed?

Thanks, slowly bouncing back to a good place. I exclusively feed LRS. 

1 hour ago, howaboutme said:

Love it. What lights are those?

These lights came from @AlanM and he used this fixture over his old rimless 75. 

I'm not a rocket scientist like he is, so it took a little bit of skill to get them up and wired, but it's totally overkill for this tank.

It's 87 (3W) LED's.

10 Royal blue Cree 1000mA
5 Neutral White Cree 1000mA
2 405nm violet Exotic brand 750mA
2 430nm violet Exotic brand 750mA
4 Cool blue Cree 750mA
3 660nm deep red Exotic brand 750mA
3 cyan Exotic brand 750mA

4092 Channels.

Prior to this, for a very short period of time, I ran an ATI Sunpower 4 bulbs. In my old place, the heat was just insane, especially in the summer, I've always been cut out for the LED lyfe. The fixture itself runs the entire 36" of tank, and almost covers the 12" width. It's hooked up to a StormX controller and can do all the things the Radions can. If I'm being honest, I set it up to a timer on the outlet, so the sun comes on, and then the sun goes off. I run it at about 63%, which appears to be just right. 

Here's a video I took while I was playing around with everything:

34 minutes ago, moga said:

Inspired again!!

I'm feeling it again, took some time, but starting to be excited about reefing. 

Very cool. I vaguely remember him building this himself when he was starting his 75g.

Edit: How are you controlling it? Apex?

Edited by howaboutme

3 minutes ago, howaboutme said:

Very cool. I vaguely remember him building this himself when he was starting his 75g.

Edit: How are you controlling it? Apex?

11 minutes ago, YHSublime said:

It's hooked up to a StormX controller and can do all the things the Radions can. If I'm being honest, I set it up to a timer on the outlet, so the sun comes on, and then the sun goes off. 

• 3 weeks later...