Living Room Nano Peninsula

YHSublime

nice and clean!! 

Still! I’m lazy, I need to clean the glass more!

Looks nice, and doesn’t look like anything was bothered by the move!

Overall, it was a success. I had some slight color loss at first on a few corals, but they are coming back.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Along for the ride! You might want to consider locating the sump in the laundry room and run the plumbing to it under the stairs. It would be much more convenient to access and the utility sink is super close for cleaning equipment.

12 hours ago, ScooterTDI said:

Along for the ride! You might want to consider locating the sump in the laundry room and run the plumbing to it under the stairs. It would be much more convenient to access and the utility sink is super close for cleaning equipment.

Glad to have ya! 

I thought about moving the sump over into the other room, but the SO wants to put up shelving there, as well as it will be the laundry room, so I'm worried about chemicals and other things in there that might get into the sump. I'm also starting to worry about humidity downstairs as well. 

I had one loss from the move, or maybe it wasnt the move, who knows. I did lose a colony of Red Dragon. I have another frag of it on the other side of the tank, and that was unscathed. I did pull out the dead colony, and moved some frags over onto the primo real estate. What's starting the happen is my colonies are needing more flow, and now I can grow out a few more in it's place. My BattleCorals Conveyor Belt of Fleshdunce has finally let polyps out, and is starting to show some really nice color. My Vivid Confetti is also starting to take off. 

49337230097_a617ff7943_k.jpg

Here's a shot of a few of the changes. I don't have a lens short enough to get a photo directly in "front" of the tank.

49336545623_c78e9fddf4_k.jpg

I haven't had time to get in there and clean the glass, and I've been picking up on my feeding schedule, probably due for a water change. 

I also had a chance to get my hands on a par meter again, I imagine some things have changed since the move. I'm betting I could probably turn my light up again.

49337356082_c7ebce3f50_k.jpg

Prior results

48050032728_a928f5b4da_k.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
So awesome!

Hey stranger! Glad to see you around WAMAS again!

Glad you chimed in, starting to feel like the build section is dead. Miss the days of banter and learning with Two Tanks, One Room!

4 hours ago, Ben A said:

You figured out what you want to do about a stand for that new tank? 

Yup! Sending a text now!

2 hours ago, sethsolomon said:

What caused the par drop? Did you lower your lights?  Or hang them higher?

I measured out exactly the same distance from the tank, I'm not quite sure what the difference was. 

I started to think about this (a lot) this morning, and I'm wondering if last time I had a par meter, if I turned the lights up to 100% for my readings, or kept them at 70% (which is the usual.) I should probably start ramping them up a bit and see if I get any changes.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, ImGoingCoastal said:

Wow, your new tank is awesome. Then again, so is your old one!

With the two great families combined, I will create an SPS haven! 

• 2 weeks later...

More so a note for me to keep up on things! I did a water change for a first time in a while yesterday. I always try and test my Alk on those days, and I ran out of reagent after testing real low for a few times. When I opened up my new pack of reagent, it just started reading even lower. I pulled the box out of the trash and it's over a year old. I don't remember ordering that within a year, but either way, what a short shelf life, not thrilled about that. If my first test was right, I'm sitting at about 6.9dKH. 

I've gone ahead and upped my dosing on the ESV 4ml per day of each solution, from 16 to 20ml of each daily. Hopefully that's not enough to spoil anything. 

34 minutes ago, epleeds said:

Don’t u have an Alkatronic. Hook that up :)  

Heavy eye roll. There's no more space on the nano to keep adding things. This is why I'm starting a bigger tank!

• 2 weeks later...

Some shots from this evening:

49611710657_c89df164b8_k.jpg

49610936158_761c9c29d9_k.jpg

49611710807_fbf3bdf1ea_k.jpg

Tank looks great
especially after your recent move

Thanks! Feels like it’s almost been 4 months!

a816d077faec5f2e2fd12495fe8843b0.jpg

557844a8197f6f9124b1b69b8d87d609.jpg

Started mapping out the framing for the basement. Not sure I like the original plan for the space for the tank.

The blue tape will be walls?

The dog looks like he or she is thinking hard on it as well.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Yup, tape is walls, sans the tank which is the square. The dog is my shadow. Other 2 could care less, he follows me everywhere.

Is there anything else going in that room?

Seems to me the display tank wouldn't really be displayed in such a small room down in the basement.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

It’s going to be my office