YHSublime

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm confused....is that the 11.4g?

Me too. Seems @alexsimpson can’t run a toaster at his place and breaker kept tripping. So, it’s back.

23 hours ago, YHSublime said:

Me too. Seems @alexsimpson can’t run a toaster at his place and breaker kept tripping. So, it’s back.

Cool, looking forward to seeing it come together.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, tpallas said:

Hows that frag tank looking?

Hey Hey. Great question, what's happening with that thing anyways? 

It's looking, OK? I've hardly had enough time for the DT, but I have pulled *most* of my zoanthids above off the glass floor and moved them onto a frag rack into the frag tank. I have one tiny snail in there, and I need to get a robust CUC. Algae is growing on the rocks, the zoanthids are digging it, SPS holds on for dear life, if it can. 

51335375339_7c6323fa07_k.jpg 

Here's the DT:

51334864698_13a296fddd_k.jpg

51333918787_3c57ceb7c0_k.jpg

51335375219_abf1eb6a1f_k.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, tpallas said:

Where are you having the most issues with coral fighting/stinging?

with a hammer I just sold.

was stinging everything to H-E-double hockey sticks and back

5 minutes ago, tpallas said:

darn you're not kidding, those are some serious sweepers.

I also tested my alk for the first time in over a year and a half. 5.6 dKH. We're cranking those rookie numbers up. I had to test twice to make sure my eyes didn't deceive me. 

3 minutes ago, YHSublime said:

I also tested my alk for the first time in over a year and a half. 5.6 dKH. We're cranking those rookie numbers up. I had to test twice to make sure my eyes didn't deceive me. 

OOF! I'm impressed everything has been handling it that well.

Just now, tpallas said:

OOF! I'm impressed everything has been handling it that well.

I guess consistency is key. I'm working on not doing more than 1dKH a day, and I've always kept it lower than 9, but it was still quite a shock.

Well, update, we're up to 6.7dKH, I normally kept mine around 7.5 anyways when I was tracking. The only issue now is, I've jumped from 14ml a day of each solution of 2part all the way to 35ml a day of each solution. My dosing containers are going to need to be filled up every 25 days or so at this rate. 

I'm wondering if at this stage, I drop plumbing down into the basement, and setup my dream idea tank of the Mr. Aqua 22 with like a 150 gallon rubbermaid sump. 

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

I thought you were going with a mangrove lagoon with a saltwater crocodile

Sometimes I get my dream setups confused. That's the one. 

On 8/23/2021 at 10:27 AM, YHSublime said:

Love it! Testing is overrated.?

14 hours ago, YHSublime said:

Sometimes I get my dream setups confused. That's the one. 

Nice, you could smoke it when it gets big enough.

1 hour ago, tpallas said:

Nice, you could smoke it when it gets big enough.

LoL.

There's a bunch of folks out there that are smoking gators. I would like to try one, and they are seemingly reasonably priced to try it for the novelty.

11 hours ago, roni said:

I'm willing to be a taste tester.  Because I'm a good friend.  Not because it's delicious.  

tastes like chicken?

55 minutes ago, YHSublime said:

tastes like chicken?

Pretty much.  Tangy delicious chicken.  

Now I'm hungry, thanks a lot :).  

More on topic, my alk dropped from 7.5 to 3.8 over a week of vacation ( guessing my tank sitter forgot to dose the tropic Marin). My yellow porites is always my clue.  When alk is low it does really poorly.  When everything is right it's a really nice yellow

On 8/28/2021 at 9:03 AM, Pedro said:

Chewy chicken!

Back to your dream, what would you have in this sump? Sounds like a great idea.

So I love tangs and big fish, but I always loved the idea of a teeny display with a ridiculously sized sump.

On 8/28/2021 at 9:57 AM, roni said:

Pretty much.  Tangy delicious chicken.  

Now I'm hungry, thanks a lot :).  

More on topic, my alk dropped from 7.5 to 3.8 over a week of vacation ( guessing my tank sitter forgot to dose the tropic Marin). My yellow porites is always my clue.  When alk is low it does really poorly.  When everything is right it's a really nice yellow

Hmmmm, definitely jumping in the band wagon then! 

that’s crazy about your alk! I’ve gotten mine back UP to 7.5 dKH now, which is where I intend to keep it. I still need to see where my calcium is, but for now, the Hannah Checker for dKH is the quickest and easiest testing I can currently perform.

I also love the idea of a huge remote sump and small display full of stuff that you shouldn't be able to keep in such a little display.

My worry with those was always that if you're pumping water upstairs you are using a pretty strong pump and if anything goes wrong you don't have any buffer for extra water in the display, heh.