Fall 2015 WAMAS meeting?

AlanM

So are we also doing a meeting end of October for our fall WAMAS meeting or is MACNA in lieu of the fall quarterly meeting of WAMAS? 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured Copps could just have one of the MACNA speakers stay at the Leesburg Aquarium (Copps' house) for a month, long enough to speak for WAMAS.

• 2 weeks later...

Beat on the street is we are still having it... I think it's usually around the last week of October?

Last week of October.... on Halloween?

No, like the 24th or 25th. Don't quote me, I aint' said.....

Has the club ever considered having an auction added to the meetings.  Ive heard of other clubs doing this and it apparently is alot of fun.

Bring back the WAMAS Thong!

How many will you buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am for having an Oct meeting and will help do it. Oct 26 is my birthday and I need nice reef stuff.

Mine too!  If we only had a calendar type thing to tell us....... :tongue:

Oct 17th.

Just read the calendar on the main forum page - October 17 is when we've scheduled the next meeting for. Yes, a bunch of us are tired but club business goes on. MACNA was just a sideshow - a really big one. The MACNA 2015 team trusts that you all had fun.

Copps will likely be our speaker. He'll add to the talk that he gave at MACNA and take what I'm assuming to be a bunch of questions. This will hopefully add a dimension to what you've already heard or, if you missed the talk, will give you 1/25th of what we heard and saw at MACNA!

We still need to set up a site, but it'll probably be in Maryland since FragFest was in Virginia.

Great.  I normally look for new meeting info on the front main page under the "Meeting News" section on the right and didn't see anything about October.  I hunted around for the calendar after seeing Doug's post but couldn't find it because I never go to the forum main page.  I just hit "View New Content" each time...

I have lots of questions for Copps and also think he should set up a periscope account and broadcast his tank to the meeting.

I have lots of questions for Copps and also think he should set up a periscope account and broadcast his tank to the meeting.

I'm convinced that until he does it, you will not let it go! 

Just in time for some early birthday presents! 

Yup I'll be speaking... and show a video, and a bunch of photos of course... and very funny Tricia! Anyone who was at the MACNA banquet will get a chuckle out of that one.

I agree... I have a gopro with waterproof case if you need it John.

If we do balloon animals, can we make them G rated?? (LOL)

I agree with Alan.  I want a video tour of Copp's tank......

And we should probably bring balloon animals for his kids.

And we should probably bring balloon animals for his kids.

If we do balloon animals, can we make them G rated?? (LOL)

"And this, my dear, is how babies are made." 

I told Rich a few minutes later that I was praying that wasn't going to turn into another Mitch-moment. He just chuckled.

"And this, my dear, is how babies are made." 

I told Rich a few minutes later that I was praying that wasn't going to turn into another Mitch-moment. He just chuckled.

I literally was showing people my text messages with Rich Ross asking if everything would be suitable for my seven year old after what happened with Mitch last year... but Rich handled it like a true professional...  my kids had no idea and the adults were laughing their butts off... for those that don't know in addition to being given MASNA Aquarist of the Year last year (the biggest award in the hobby), Rich was a professional comedian for years and opened up for the Smothers Brothers... it was an easy choice when I chose him as emcee... and Bruce Carlson our banquet speaker is an icon in the hobby to reef nerds... but the reason I chose him for the banquet is because even my wife loves him and his stories, and she could care less about fish!

My daughter had no idea (nor did I) that she was going to get called on stage by Rich... or Walt Smith! What a great surprise and we'll have those memories forever.

Copps