Fall 2015 WAMAS meeting?

AlanM

I was the one who fussed, so I guess I'm the bear getting poked. I sometimes have spurts of not paying attention to the forums, which I guess coincided with the MD meetings. I usually can't go to Sunday meetings, so I hope we can keep the future MD meetings on Saturdays.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we need to have one at a beer/drink friendly location. 

2nd........

That would be awesome, but then there is also the fact that we have a hard enough time even renting places at schools or churches, let alone places we could pull something like that off. Not to mention we are a family friendly club! Then you've got ABC laws, and more $ spent, and then we've gotta keep the animals in the zoo! Somebody should take initiative and arrange a non sponsored meetup after, for those of you who like to party.

I was the one who fussed, so I guess I'm the bear getting poked. I sometimes have spurts of not paying attention to the forums, which I guess coincided with the MD meetings. I usually can't go to Sunday meetings, so I hope we can keep the future MD meetings on Saturdays.

Nope, not poking at just you, Forrest, there are quite a few members that would be thrilled if we did more MD side things, see Tom's message above. Like I mentioned, it doesn't make a difference for me, although it's nice that a lot of the VA side ones are very close to my apartment. I like the meetings on Saturday as well, but I vote whatever is easiest for the officers, as they are the ones who take their time to put it all together for us.

Based on my personal observations,Saturday meetings in VA have the largest turnout.  Nonetheless, I think there is a concerted effort to ensure same MD meetings as well as some Sunday meetings. 

I seem to recall some general recipe of 4 meetings a year, 1 in MD, 1 in DC and 2 in VA (1 being frag fest).  I know DC locations are getting tough so maybe it's 2 and 2 now.  At the end of the day, the most important thing is for people to show up!  All the meetings locations are generally withing 20 minutes of each other so it in the grand scheme of things, the location doesn't matter much for the occasional meet.