HUGE news - what everyone has been waiting for!!

About a month ago while talking about our new website design and offerings, I mentioned that I had some great things coming up. Well, it gives me great pride to say that ERC is now offering quarantined AND prophylactically treated fish!!

This decision did not come easily. The amount of effort, integrity, patience, knowledge, detail, and discipline that is required to operate this new venture successfully would be tremendous. It is these characteristics I looked for when hunting down the right person for this exciting new undertaking for the WAMAS community... and who rose to the top of my list and accepted the challenge? Well, no other than our very own monkiboy/Marco!!

While a lucky handful of members have already been able to take advantage of Marco's awesome help and services, for the majority of you here are some details about how this will work out:

- ALL fish are prophylactically treated. There are no add-on costs for this offering as Marco has made it clear he won't be selling fish any other way.

- ALL fish are quarantined for at least 4 weeks. .

- TIRED of buying a fish that has been "quarantined" and not knowing what that means on a consistent basis? So was Marco and that is why he is making up easy to ready bio-sheets that will come with every fish purchase that creates 100% transparency. It will include date the fish was received, what condition it was received in, when treatment started, what treatment was provided at what dosage for how long, what the fish has been eating how often and when, and general temperament notes.

I've been told that he has also been sending video and photos updates to really bring customers into the process!

- Have a new tank? send Marco your list and he'll work with you to set up a stocking order and time-frame for additions.

- Have your tank set up already but looking for that one rare, hard to find, one-of-a-kind fish? send Marco a PM and he'll find it for you!

Marco has been working diligently the past several months not only establishing relationships with the wholesalers every other vendor in America uses but directly with the collection stations around the world. It's quite incredible what he's accomplished and has been able to do. Not only does this allow him better odds finding that rare fish for you but also ensures the very best values on all fish, fully quarantined and treated!

One last thing - he has set up some awesome relationships with local, national, and international breeders. So if it's captive-raised and/or captive-bred he will be able to get it for you - whether you're looking for an affordable ocellaris or dottyback to a high-dollar maze or clarion angelfish!

Please be sure to thank Marco for taking this on as I think it is VERY MUCH needed in our community and in our hobby.  He has asked for those interested or with questions to shoot him a PM.

We look forward to now not only being your favorite coral vendor but also your preferred fish provider for truly fantastic healthy fish!! 

Edited by ExoticReefCreations

Woah! A Marcos qt 'd fish is worth it's weight in gold, and it sounds like bronze prices! He helped guide me through my whole qt process, and even lent me a 55 in my time of need. Now I have an excuse to stock my tank without having the lady get mad every time I setup the qt tank, pm on the way! Congrats to ERC /monkiboy!

Dynamic Duo!! Comgrats

great news for people like me who have no place to set up QT system. This news comes at a time when I am just planning on a upgrade.

I hope this fish system creates competition and the other vendors will do a similar process. It puts the responsibility back on the LFS to ensure that their customers get the highest quality fish possible.

thanks everyone for the warm welcome to this new venture for ERC and myself! i'm really excited to raise the bar where it really should be in this hobby for fish sales and in turn create a more positive experience in our hobby.

This is really fantastic! Will you guys be shipping?

yeah, of course! i'm setting up oxygen tanks now! we're also in the process of updating the site with "currently in qt fish" and "available" fish that are out and ready to ship! i'll also make posts on WAMAS regularly with updates on what is coming in. at the moment, a lot of the sales have been situations where folks PM me with their fish list and we work out way through stocking their tank.

When will this new qt process start?

when? - it's already begun sir! join the revolution and let me know what you're looking for and i'll make sure to take care of it for you ;)

Edited by monkiboy

This is great! This means I don't have to be patient and wait to add fish for weeks! Space is also at a premium for me (I'm currently soaking live rock in my bath tub and showing at work) so not having to maintain a setup is also great.

I'll definitely be ordering from you guys soon!

Awesome!!! You would be the only vendor I trust though because others have teenaged kids or people that don't know what they are doing. Cross contamination of copper is very easy to put in the other tanks with a net or other device.

I have sept many hours looking at different sites that sell live stock, they do present some really nice pictures and a wealth of information on the fish. But my main concern is the stress put on the fish in the process of getting it from them to me, not knowing how long the fish has been in their system or how they acquired the fish. Thanks guys for putting those worries to rest now I won't be scared to think about ordering a fish... But only through you guys!

(edited)

Congrats guys.  This is really great stuff.  Hopefully everyone realizes the added value this provides when making a livestock purchase, and you are able to get top dollar.  Low price guarantee is not all it's cracked up to be.

You should consider selling frozen foods as well so folks can pickup whatever the fish is accustomed to eating.  I know many times the frozen foods I want are not available local, and it isn't worth it to order frozen online in small quantities.  

So is Marco a 1099'er?  haha

Edited by BowieReefer84