Smallreefs' 150g upgrade!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol Steve, cuz I don't have my return pump yet....so it's not plumbed :x

I'm needing to go to Ferguson Plumbing for 1 plumbing piece..though I'm not even sure if its an actual piece, if not they will have to help me figure out something that will work...

And the slight car accident last week didn't help, ate up alot of my off time dealing with the darn insurance adjusters :(

It's been a crazy month!

Sorry to hear about the accident.  What piece are you looking for?  If you want to borrow a Mag 9.5 to get circulation going until your pump gets here I have one for you.

I pick up my pump....TODAY! WAHOOOOOOO

oh but its a schedule 40...tee or y with a 1.25 In and (2) 3/4 outs...i don't even know if its an actual part...that's why I have to go to Ferguson and see...if not I'm sure they can slap something together that will make it work...

And then I will plumb when my nozzles for the locline get here on Tuesday...assuming I don't get called to go to the store up at pentagon on my days off...

I pick up my pump....TODAY! WAHOOOOOOO

oh but its a schedule 40...tee or y with a 1.25 In and (2) 3/4 outs...i don't even know if its an actual part...that's why I have to go to Ferguson and see...if not I'm sure they can slap something together that will make it work...

And then I will plumb when my nozzles for the locline get here on Tuesday...assuming I don't get called to go to the store up at pentagon on my days off...

Get a 1-1/4 tee or wye, and two 1-1/4 to 3/4 bushings.

Sent from my phone

I've always preferred HD...until I got out here....the guy looked at me, and talked to me, like I was the dumb blonde...when I explained what I was trying to do he had the dumb look on his face...and tried to get me to use metal pipe! UH NO!

So anyways...got my pump today...it's sooooo pretty!

I'm already pretty jealous of your pump. I think you'll find you made the right choice once all plumbed up, the realization will take less than 5 minutes.

I look forward to seeing how bio pellets work for you, I've always been a big fan of finding a natural balance for everything, but I'll talk once I've got a tank worth bragging about :tongue:

Oh, and I've always been a big HD over Lowes guys, till I plumbed the 150 as well. Lowes takes the cake, hands down.

I know right!

This will be the first ever piece of equipment other than a skimmer and return pump that I have used....other than I used to run a UV on my 150g FOWLR from before...

And I can't wait to plumb this thing...possibly tomorrow if I can find a few pieces Tom was talking about...we will see...my husband gets home, but he still has alot of work to do...

I know right!

This will be the first ever piece of equipment other than a skimmer and return pump that I have used....other than I used to run a UV on my 150g FOWLR from before...

And I can't wait to plumb this thing...possibly tomorrow if I can find a few pieces Tom was talking about...we will see...my husband gets home, but he still has alot of work to do...

I found plumbing daunting at first, but really when Richard came over to help me, I had it all planned out and dry fitted, which made quick work of that. It really helps to sit down and draw out how you plan on doing it. Then post it up, and ask WAMAS! It'll be like a bike, once you get it done, you'll be super comfortable doing again, and again, and again.

(edited)

I'm just missing a few pieces, was going to wait and go to ferguson since its down the street but I'm going to try to get as much done as possible tomorrow and if need be go on Tuesday when I'm off in the morning before work...

I have not hard plumbed a return, but I've done alot of plumbing...and I need my wonderful husband to pull out the compound miter saw for me to use...cuz I am not hand sawing all these cuts,lol

Edited by smallreef

I need my wonderful husband to pull out the compound miter saw for me to use...cuz I am not hand sawing all these cuts,lol

Forget that, buy a PVC cutter from HD or Lowes, or wherever, they are like $12, and will save your life. I have one somewhere if you want to borrow it, although I'm a little far.

Oh,, I see...but when I figure already own the saw...one less one use tool, though I have alot of those; other than the tank, I don't do any plumbing anymore...in theory, unless my husband doesn't fix something right the first time,lol

Oh,, I see...but when I figure already own the saw...one less one use tool, though I have alot of those; other than the tank, I don't do any plumbing anymore...in theory, unless my husband doesn't fix something right the first time,lol

But what happens when the piece you want to glue is like a half inch too long?  You have to carry it to the miter saw, make all that noise and look like frosty the snowman with all the shavings all the while hoping the blade doesn't catch the PVC, start it spinning, and crack it and toss the sharp piece across the room (it happened to me).

My saw is 7 ft away from my tank...... Snow men...love em! I have a good shop vac,lol

And I have a 'quick clamp' on the side of th saw...no jumping or bucking goin on here!

My saw is 7 ft away from my tank...... Snow men...love em! I have a good shop vac,lol

And I have a 'quick clamp' on the side of th saw...no jumping or bucking goin on here!

LMAO...I am doing the same exact thing as you right now to the T. I got my DC12000 and will be pulling out the miter to do my cuts. Great minds think alike :clap: :clap: