Hi all, new to WAMAS from the PA area

Hello Everyone,

Been lurking around the forum for months and figured I'd introduce myself. My name is Eric and I'm from the Pennsylvania area. Currently have a 180g FOWLR set up and looking to eventually set up my first reef tank, thanks to this site!! My FOWLR has been up for over 10 years and can't wait to try something a little different other than the fish.

Thanks and have a good one!

Welcome.

Hey there! Are you moving into the area? Or just found WAMAS? Welcome!

Thanks for the welcomes everyone, appreciate it. I use to live in the DMV area (Landover and then Frederick, MD) up until mid 2006 then moved to the Chambersburg, PA area. I didn't know about WAMAS while local although I commute to Ashburn, VA daily for work. So I'm still around the area and glad I finally found this site. Looking forward to chatting and meeting with folks.

Welcome to the club! I'm looking forward to seeing a build thread soon on your new reef tank you have planned. It was nice meeting you yesterday and be sure to let me know if you need anything!

Welcome!!!

I'm in leesburg if you need anything don't hesitate to ask :)

Looking forward to your journey and will be tagging along

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'm only a few minutes from Hagerstown.  Let me know what you are ready for some coral to get started.  I have some LPS coral you can have frags of.

Welcome. I see that you've joined already. :)

Chambersburg to Ashburn... daily? That's one heck of a commute.

Start a build thread if you'd like. It's a great place to document the history of your tank. It's best to either start a gallery or a Photobucket account and link to photos there (using either the My Media button -for the gallery - or the Image button - for photobucket), rather than to try to attach them directly in your posts. Attaching them quickly depletes the rather small amount of space allotted to you for attachments. Linking is a much better way to do this.

Anyway, I'm glad to see you here even if it took moving to Pennsylvania to find out! :laugh:

Thanks for the welcomes everyone, appreciate it. I use to live in the DMV area (Landover and then Frederick, MD) up until mid 2006 then moved to the Chambersburg, PA area. I didn't know about WAMAS while local although I commute to Ashburn, VA daily for work. So I'm still around the area and glad I finally found this site. Looking forward to chatting and meeting with folks.

I am from Chambersburg, and much of my family still lives there. Growing up, I had a few classmates whose parents would make the drive in to DC each day for work so you are not alone (but I really do not envy that commute :))  

Welcome to WAMAS!

welcome aboard

Thanks guys! The commute can certainly be tough at times and thank goodness for the down time on the weekend. Probably why it took me so long to find out about this site, seems like I'm always on the road!

Once I have all the equipment needed, I'll start a build thread on a standard 120g non drilled glass tank I have sitting in the garage. Nothing like starting over...haha

Once I have all the equipment needed, I'll start a build thread on a standard 120g non drilled glass tank I have sitting in the garage. Nothing like starting over...haha

Are you thinking of drilling it?

• 5 months later...