Two tanks, One room

YHSublime

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could count the sump as one tank since it is technically in the room and has stuff growing in it.

Lets go with that.

LMAO give him time...it will be accurate again soon enough...

Don't jinx this, haha.

Just incredible.  Well done, corals look great!

Thank you very much!

darn that's a beast

Skimmer reference?

This thread gives me the urge to eat chocolate ice cream.

Mission accomplished :P

Well, I was going to wait till I completed this to share, but with the death of the Achilles, and the STN of the highlighter stag I figured I'd share before I, in the words of Jenn, became completely done with SPS and made the switch. Maybe this will give a glimpse into why I want to keep my SPS:

DSC_0353_zps651fe601.jpg

Was fine last night:

DSC_0277_zps3a0a290a.jpg

DSC_0281_zps3a90440c.jpg

DSC_0282_zps6a1b749b.jpg

Eating:

DSC_0243_zpsebb16b4c.jpg

DSC_0248_zps1a5b180b.jpg

It's a huge frag, about 8" probably. It was mid level on all of it, about quarter shaped sizes. Just that one frag. I just diced the whole thing up : /

bummer...but best move....sorry....its not your week is it?

It most certainly is not. I feel like I'm coming home and working on fixing problems, just one small thing at a time. It was a beautiful medium sized colony, diced by my sloppy hands, maybe all the frags will make it, who knows. At this stage I just want to sit back and relax, take some time to enjoy the fruits of my labors

photos look awesome, sir. looking good!

It looks really nice Isaac!

Thanks! Plugging along, hopefully it all doesn't die on me.

Enjoyed this shot:

DSC_0276_zps58cf1d8a.jpg

Tank looks great.  Haven't had a chance to keep up but really like the aquascape.  Sorry to hear about the achilles and the stag...

Tank looks great.  Haven't had a chance to keep up but really like the aquascape.  Sorry to hear about the achilles and the stag...

Thanks! I'm glad the aquascape is a hit, I was worried that it wasn't going to be successful, but I'm not so worried anymore. Two expensive losses in one week, I'll chalk it up to a learning experience. Just waiting on my CS3 to finish breaking in, and I'm in business!

I think you should throw some more rock in....looks empty...

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I love it.  IMO, not empty, lots of hiding spots for your fish, very colorful.  

I think you should throw some more rock in....looks empty...

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I've debated throwing some more rock in, but I can't seem to put something together with the rock that I have that I love. I think if I could do anything with the middle, I'd do some tonga branches, or of the like, keep it open.

I love it.  IMO, not empty, lots of hiding spots for your fish, very colorful.  

I'm pretty keen on it as well :) The arch has some really porous holes in it, and some reach all the way through. The fish really do enjoy it. I'm adding 3 more fish at the end of this month, and then I'm done with my fish list. I'm still debating the corals, what I want to keep, how I'm going to do it, etc. Slowly clearing off my frag rack in either FS's or putting frags on rocks.

I put my extra MP40 back in tonight, as well as added my other MP40. My SPS extended their polyps further out immediately. I'm now officlaly running two JB40's and two MP40's, all fairly low, which is MORE than enough. The MP40's are hooked up to a battery backup, so I am less concerned about power failures than I was before. I think down the road I'll probably get a battery backup for the Apex. I'm already looking at buying a couple of splitters and chaining the MP's together, the JP's together, and the lights together, running off the Apex. Does anybody know if that will work, or will it draw too much power?

The CS3 is nearly broken in...I think. The collection cup has gone from overflowing almost to just above about half an inch. Hopefully in the next couple days I'll be skimming out some gunk!

Here are some pictures of how I designed my hood, so I can easy access and work on the tank. The lights easily slide up as well, but the hood is super easy.

DSC_0303_zps656beadc.jpg

DSC_0301_zps685abd66.jpg

DSC_0302_zps0f87b221.jpg

Looking good

Thanks man! I completely missed this earlier.

Looking very good! Do you manually raise and lower the hood, or is it done with a motor of some kind?

Thanks Jason, I need to have you around soon, it's been too long.

It's a manual raise, lifting up can be done with just a finger on each hand. To bring it back down, I have to unscrew each corner again. Rob was telling me about somebody who had a motor do the exact same thing on theirs. I like the idea, but honestly it's novelty, kind of like a swabbie, IMO (watch me get a swabbie soon.) I'm sitting in the living room on the laptop (I have spent an extraordinary amount of time out here since the 150, and I'm debating rock in the middle. I'm really, really, really, happy with the way it looks. However, I'm adding some more fish at the end of the month, and I think hiding spots are going to be needed in order to prevent territorial aggression. If not now, then certainly when some of the fish start getting bigger, like the Hippo, who can easily fit just about anywhere right now.

I'm contemplating getting some BRS tonga rock and putting an open structure in the middle, slanted a little bit to the right. Something that goes up on a diagonal slant towards the monti, but is still open. If I could get some fast growing zoas and palys, I could make quick work of covering it.

39a1ec96-0e47-459d-b952-6e612dbedd11_zps