Two tanks, One room

YHSublime

if for whatever reason you are down this way, i've got like my own personal pallet of IO salt i feel like from all the purchases in the last three or so GBs. shoot me a text if convenient.

i didn't really dig the tonga structure initially i think because of how it doesn't match aesthetically to the others but the closer up images make me appreciate it more and once it is covered in corals, it'll blend well i am sure. the lamp is pretty hot, though. can you please make a go of that like ASAP?

Thanks man, I might do that.

I was on and off on the tonga. I threw a couple of corals onto it tonight, and I think when covered, it will be a great piece for the fish to swim about and corals to grow on. My frag rack is starting to feel like a permanant structure in the tank, I hope to have all my fish QT'd and in tank by Christmas, so my goal is to have the rack cleaned and corals placed by then as well.

As for the lamp, if somebody buys it, I will place it in the window with my red light behind it every night. This will fly with Andrea for, I'd say 30 seconds, until it would come back to buyer.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I don't believe she checks my build, I want to go ahead and give a huge public display of thanks and love to my future wife.

I found out Tuesday morning that my grandmother had passed away up in Canada, and had to make arrangements very quickly in order to get my family up that way. With all my fish in QT, and a tank that she had no idea how to take care of, she offered up anything she could do to help. I showed her everything I needed done while I was gone, and made up 55gallons of saltwater. Not only did she dose and test for copper, and do water changes on my qt tank while keeping it up and going for me, she even stuck her hands down and fed my nems and shrimp, because she didn't want to cross contaminate the copper into the DT. I was able to keep an eye on things with my Apex, but as far as QT goes, she was the star of the show. My tank is fine, and no losses, the fish look better than ever!

Awwwww Isaac...I'm sorry to hear about your grandma

And I'm very happy to hear about your wonderful fiancé taking the reigns to help you, and your fish, while you were gone...

I'm sorry, too, for your family's loss. Your fiancée really stepped up!

Sent from my Rezound on Tachyon using Tapatalk

Very nice to hear! My condolences about the lost of your grandma though. I guess she does listen to your jibber jabber about fish in the last year..?? :laugh:

Thanks all, it was her time. In my urgency out the door, she really did rise to the occasion, a keeper indeed. You're right, Jack, she had to have been listening!

Sorry about your grandma Isaac, seems like every time I lost a grand parent, it felt like the end of a "dynasty".   It was very nice to hear your fiancee rose to the occasion.  

sorry Isaac..I hope you hold your memories close and they bring you comfort.

But I must say, maybe you should just let her take over the tank...perhaps she was unfairly judged by her choice of chair material....  :tongue:

You do know you don't have to feed your nems right?  In times of an emergency I really wouldn't even put this on the list.... 

Thanks again all

Sorry about your grandma Isaac, seems like every time I lost a grand parent, it felt like the end of a "dynasty". It was very nice to hear your fiancee rose to the occasion.

My last grandparent to go, it feels a bit like that. I have 23 cousins on my Canadian side, so it was good to catch up, it's hard to get those numbers together quickly!

You do know you don't have to feed your nems right? In times of an emergency I really wouldn't even put this on the list....

She was not misjudged by her patterning choice, I standby my original thoughts on those chairs! She did great though. I mentioned the nems as I thought it was cute, I didn't tell her to feed them, but she loves my RBTA and felt it was important! As a matter of fact, she only had to add water to my ATO for my display.

well. I stand corrected. She overflowed my skimmer cup and didn't notice a small frag of my Starburst Monti fell face down. Just kidding!

Although I'm a bit perplexed with my skimmer. My ATO water was out within 3 days, which I figured it would be, but I forgot to remind her. I've got it back at proper salinity, but I had her dump some RO in last night as well just to give the skimmer a bit more water to work with. I've not screwed in my baseplate all the way yet, and I've got it dialed in right where I want it. I guess I can't complain, but I figure it should be broken in by now? Even if I open it up all the way, it's still getting too much water to the top and it overflows. I shouldn't have to dial down my maxijet, right?

when she put her hands in to feed the nems (ahem...) she probably had an oil from her hands or some kind or tank irritant on them that did it...or is it an ongoing issue?

Quick shots tonight:

FTS

DSC_0256_zps95f60905.jpg

Zoa ID?

DSC_0244_zps4242e43b.jpg

Right side:

DSC_0259_zpsef083fac.jpg

DSC_0260_zps3087aee0.jpg

Middle:

DSC_0257_zpsa0994397.jpg

DSC_0258_zpsdf7bfa7b.jpg

Left side.. kinda:

DSC_0262_zps55fbd54c.jpg

Tank looks great!.  I really love that middle rock.  Making me think I should add some to the right side of my tank.  Where did you get it?  How's the Q coming along, still doing daily wc's?

Tank looks great!.  I really love that middle rock.  Making me think I should add some to the right side of my tank.  Where did you get it?  How's the Q coming along, still doing daily wc's?

Thanks! I got the rock from another forum member. I had been searching for Tonga rock for a while, but it's hard to come across, and I'm not sure if my structure does the rock justice in terms of how you would find it in nature. I wanted to try and create something that would add more rock, more room for coral growth, and more hiding spots for the fish. It's really a piece that doesn't do it justice until you see it in person, the whole tank for that matter. I remember seeing some WAMAS members tanks in person when I started, and being blown away, and inspired to do the same. I don't like change, and we'll be moving within the year, so I'm preparing myself for taking it down and setting it back up again. The QT is going well, at first I thought it was going to be a huge burden, but the fish who were contaminated are doing better, and there have not been any hitches. It's probably about 30-45 minutes of my time every night, for the DT, and the QT tanks. The only issue is space, if I had a fish room, I would gladly implement a QT process similar to Ridetheducati, this months TOTM winner. I can tell you this though, after this experience, I will not be taking any more gambles on fish. It's easy to roll the dice, until it happens to you!

Lookin good Isaac! 

Thanks! Lots of good advice and encouragement from WAMAS!

Looks really nice! Hope the fish love it when they can get back in it!

That's my hope as well, fingers crossed!

(edited)

Hope I'm not over sharing, but took a few picks tonight, and broke out the Portal, though I'd post up.

It was during feeding time, and the computer monitor was on, and the background lights were on, so not ideal, but I was able to snag some picks of my corals. I want to be able to have some idea of growth, and I want to start documenting every month or so, so I can look back and see!

2 headed Golden Torch from ERC before:

DSC_0349_zpsacc03ceb.jpg[/url

Hard to see, but trust me, it's grown:

DSC_0289_zps82d6270e.jpg

After:

Tubs blue (I think) before?

DSC_0348_zpsd5196589.jpg

I've since fragged this picture below by half:

DSC_0271_zps54b4761e.jpg

Trumpets before:

DSC_0346_zps8e251419.jpg

After:

DSC_0266_zps69328587.jpg

Toadstool before:

DSC_0277_zps723bb76b.jpg

After:

DSC_0272_zps820c50c3.jpg

Bonzia Acro a couple of weeks after I picked it up:

DSC_0275_zpsfc179383.jpg

Top, not all in there after:

DSC_0279_zps6d685c72.jpg

Cali Tort:

DSC_0271_zpsce3290ec.jpg

After:

DSC_0306_zpse22015e8.jpg

DSC_0304_zps9ecaea61.jpg

Some type of hairy acro:

DSC_0287_zpsc5d0d442.jpg

After:

DSC_0299_zps0d55bcbd.jpg

3 acros up front and right from Fazio:

Before:

25f7e738-2801-46a1-88b3-1349cadc6978_zps

1: DSC_0278_zps78fb802a.jpg

2:DSC_0284_zpsee569d28.jpg

3:DSC_0306_zpse22015e8.jpg

Hard to see, but the green monti cap when i first got it:

DSC_0667_zps73be6ce0.jpg

After:

DSC_0290_zps386a9dcf.jpg

FTS

before:

DSC_0525_zpsa7f1d03f.jpg

After:

DSC_0259_zps4636f71a.jpg

Edited by YHSublime

How long was the growth on that green monti cap?  If that's the one in the back right corner, it looks like it's probably about 4-5 inches now? 

And just a few shots:

DSC_0282_zpsfe9e5f40.jpg

DSC_0276_zps25d338cd.jpg

I bought hot lips the clam at Quantums grand opening. It's amazing the places I find her, also, still alive and growing:

DSC_0288_zps05e82c03.jpg

DSC_0298_zpsd4225130.jpg

DSC_0320_zpsadfdcbc6.jpg