Two tanks, One room

YHSublime

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm debating rock in the middle.

I'm contemplating getting some BRS tonga rock and putting an open structure in the middle, slanted a little bit to the right. Something that goes up on a diagonal slant towards the monti, but is still open. If I could get some fast growing zoas and palys, I could make quick work of covering it.

ahhhhhhhh my Jedi Mind tricks never fail....its good to be a woman.

Glad to hear it...you need it for balance and for the fish...trust me

Adding more rock you say? ;)

I think you are right in wanting to add more hiding spots, I am sure the fish will appreciate it. 

Agreed, It will just be a pain to cycle it all before putting it in, and coming up with another structure.

Ok, I have to ask........where did you get that arch rock?  It looks suspiciously like the one I had in my 150g cube.

I built the rock out of 3 large pieces I had been saving. It's marco mortared together, and is filled with ledges, holes, and awesome little hiding spots all over.

ahhhhhhhh my Jedi Mind tricks never fail....its good to be a woman.

Glad to hear it...you need it for balance and for the fish...trust me

I agree. If I was going to keep the tank how it is now, I think I would be alright, but this is not the case. A lot of folks who's opinions I trust have highly recomended I add more rock. I think the best compromise is a branching tonga mix.

I agree. If I was going to keep the tank how it is now, I think I would be alright, but this is not the case. A lot of folks who's opinions I trust have highly recomended I add more rock. I think the best compromise is a branching tonga mix.

Is that your way of saying I had nothing to do with your decision? haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Is that your way of saying I had nothing to do with your decision? haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That's my way of saying you're on that list. Take the compliment!

Lolz to Jason.

So I have been super busy this week, and not a lot of time to update, but My CS3 is pulling some major crap out of the tank, very pleased with that decision. My SPS is starting to look REALLY good again, so good that I'm thinking about a Red Dragon frag from some of our local SPS gurus  at the meet (Noooo, we musnt! Isss wrong direction for our precious!)

Sad day however, as I found my swallowtail halfway into my RBTA this morning. I'm perplexed as my SPS is doing great, my LPS is doing great, the rest of my fish are super fat and happy and active. I feed way too much, a mixed blend of veggies and meats, and I always have two clips with seaweed available on either side of the tank. From my observations, it was not bullied by anything in the tank. Inverts are all doing great as well, happy skunk pair, banded coral shrimp, turbos, etc. <sigh> It's like as soon as I start feeling really good about the tank, something knocks me down a peg or two. Anyways, much to the RBTA's dismay, I yoinked it out and it seemed fairly fresh, I know thatthe nem is not likely the COD. I did a 50 gallon water change just for giggles as I was up early enough, and everything is still looking OK tonight. Again, I'm at a loss as to why. I do however, keep the camera by the tank now, as it appears the most exciting things that happen are in the 6' of my living room, so was able to quickly snap this before I jumped into action.

DSC_0240_zps5d8938c4.jpg

jeez. what the f dude. sorry to hear it. how long did you have that one? and absolutely no symptoms the night before, no marks or signs of stress or malady on it?

wow ...that is crazy....

and atleast the corals are doing well :)

At least. I was confused at first, 6am wondering why it was napping in the nem. I have a Hippo that thinks it's a Chromis, so a swallowtail thinking it's a clown seemed par for the course.

jeez. what the f dude. sorry to hear it. how long did you have that one? and absolutely no symptoms the night before, no marks or signs of stress or malady on it?

Today would have marked it's second week in my system. It was treated and cared for before it hit my tank, and this is out of another members established tank. There were NO symptoms the night before. The only odd behavior I have seen from my fish, is the Chevron Tang has taken to blasting in front of the JB's. Just looks like he's trying to ride the flow, like a little kid in front of a fan. The ONLY thing I did different last night, that I usually don't do, is turned my lights completely off.

I like the ADA. What size is it? You plans for it?

12" all around. Office, most likely. DIY LEDs, and just Lps to start, very simple. I'll probably tint the back.

See back to 2 tanks in one room!

Very fun!

Haha, right now it's 3 tanks 1 room. Hopefully it'll be 2 tanks, 2 rooms. I think I might start the build "0-150, 365" as per Jasons comment.

So it has been eating well? Was fat and active? I'm really sorry Isaac.....it totally sux.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

It was eating like a piggy, and swimming around and active. I'm befuddled, yet again.

ha ha ha see post #627

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Well, theoretically, it's not getting setup in the same room.... lol.

That cube is awesome, looks very sleek!

Tint is the way to go, you will be happy with it for sure. If you need any help LMK, you can benefit from my mistakes :)

I'm enjoying it, I think it'll be nice at the desk. Until everybody realizes just how addicted I am. I actually might get some help on the tinting, I know it's an art.

My going away present to Isaac.

Thanks again man, you'll note that I diligently scraped all the paint off. I'm getting ready on a slow build, I'll probably find some rock and throw some water in there just to get it cycling, build my lights in the meantime. Hope the trip went well, and the place is solid upon visual.

My going away present to Isaac.

<wipes away tear>...Now every time he looks at the tank it will be like you are still with him.....

parting is such sweet sorrow....

<wipes away tear>...Now every time he looks at the tank it will be like you are still with him.....

parting is such sweet sorrow....

Put a maxspect nano over it...  SPEND MONEY on that free tank!

Jeez, you guys are out of control. Do you hand out needles to heroine addicts as well?!