Two tanks, One room

YHSublime

I'm not getting what you had to give up? Though I'm glad the fake ficus is gone...I didn't mind the chairs ... Too much...

That's just it... I don't know what I had to give up either. I think it's the nano that she insisted I couldn't take to work, but she was squaking about it the other day because I started setting it up on our small dining room table. Let's just focus on the important parts for now!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See it's a woman thing.. We are like ninjas...he won't know until it's too late...he thinks he won a war but it was just a battle

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

See it's a woman thing.. We are like ninjas...he won't know until it's too late...he thinks he won a war but it was just a battle

Until he's been married a while, then it will be like Charlie Brown's teacher, blah, blah, whah, blah!!!

Until he's been married a while, then it will be like Charlie Brown's teacher, blah, blah, whah, blah!!!

:rollface:

Lol..y'all are silly...

And I hope you aren't setting it up in the middle of your table!

There are no outlets close by,lol she will totally trip on it and blame it on you!

Edited by smallreef

he isn't even married yet...he has nooooooooo idea ha ha ha ha...shhhh don't tell him so he goes through with it.

So my skimmer has been pretty loud overflowing water for quite some time. Finally went and got the plumbing to quiet it up a bit. Wish I did it sooner, as now all you can hear is the hum of the PSK-1000's and the faint sucking of air.

DSC_0324_zps5bf60ec4.jpg

I've been feeding the tank, so when I put the fish back in, it can handle the load. Well, I've been slacking here and there, and started feeding heavy again. Caused a huge algae bloom on my back wall, the turbos are happy, I'm not so much. I plan on doing a big water change before adding the fish back. While feeding without fish, it's really interesting to see some things. Like I notice my pistol shrimp darts like crazy to grab food and bring back to his burrows. He's got a few exits from his main manor, which is the GSP covered rock under my red scroling monti. It's cool to watch him pop out at different ends and places and pull food in. Two, I have a lot of bristleworms since removal of fish. I don't know how they hide, but some of them are getting real big. My Melanarus will have a field day upon his return. Three, I actually saw this, I'm not making it up. A pod came out from a rock and grabbed a small chunk of food that hit the sandbed, and pulled it back into the rock.

I ordered some dosing pumps from BRK's black Friday. I also picked up a Alk Checker, didn't research the checker much, so I hope it's reliable. Built a frag about 2' long out of eggcrate, but my glue was not strong enough to my last magnet, so it trapdoored on me several times. After cleaning up frags off my tank floor, I shelled out for a large frag rack from black rock, which is on the way as well.

I started adding Zeo K-Balance to the tank, see if I see a difference in color and polyp extension. I don't have a test kit for potasium (I know, don't dose if you can't test for it..) but I'm watching for burnt tips and I'm adding just slightly less than the recomended dosage.

After I took these pictures I took most of the frags off the floor and glued them to the rocks.

And I've put a lot of thought into it, I think I'm going to add a peacock mantis into my display. I know Rob has kept them before, and I think with a steady supply of snails or hermits, it will keep happy. I excpect backfire on this decision, as most people try to keep a Mantis out of their display!

Some pics:

DSC_0328_zps45a37efa.jpg

DSC_0329_zps817f55a9.jpg

DSC_0330_zpsbdf92684.jpg

Mantis in your display? Cool! Beat to your own drum. Stay ahead of the pack so the backfire is shot away from you, lol.

Haha, it's like adding a velociraptor into your kitchen cupboards!

your photos (i'm assuming there are photos) are not loading for me on my phone. what did you do exactly?

Same thing I always do, linked with photobucket? Weird? Try clearing your cache?

Oh isaac....must you learn everything the hard way?

Yes.

Put it in your nano

That is a good idea, see how it goes in there.

I've often thought about adding a fuge just to keep one. I've already got so much shuffle on my sandbed with turbos, sea stars, etc, that I can keep anything organized. They are, in my opinion, the most fascinating animal of all time.

Same thing I always do, linked with photobucket? Weird? Try clearing your cache?

haha, no i meant, what plumbing changes did you make not how did you post it, haha.

Edited by monkiboy

Along with the flamboyant cuttlefish, I think the peacock mantis is one of the craziest alien creatures from space. But when it comes to getting or caring for a mantis, I'm all thumbs.

haha, no i meant, what plumbing changes did you make not how did you post it, haha.

Oh, gotcha, haha. The effluent pipe that drained the water and held the airline tubing and silencer was super loud. I placed the silencer up on the back of my plumbing using some heavy duty velcro, and ran two elbows off the pipe and back into the water. This keeps the constant trickle of water from driving me nuts. Skimmer is still performing like a champ.

Along with the flamboyant cuttlefish, I think the peacock mantis is one of the craziest alien creatures from space. But when it comes to getting or caring for a mantis, I'm all thumbs.

I agree, it's one of the things that first got me into the hobby.

You're nuts. I hope you're not too attached to your fish! 

Can I come see your tank? 

Haha, although I named it, it's in a partitioned area in my sump for the moment. I am on the edge about being a game changer keeping a mantis in my display... so far, I like Rupert more than my fish, constantly peering out, and will rush over to the glass if I come close.

I'd love to have you over, let me know what works for you!

Keep him out of your display....trust me. For once...lol

Stop bring stubborn Isaac...keep him in his own tank

RUPERT is EPIC!

I'm rather fond of him as well.

I'm voting or the 10 or 20 ontop of the sump...that way he's high enough to see all the time!

Yeah, I toyed around with that idea I rambled about to you today. I'm not smart enough to figure it out, although I have some ideas of how I want it to happen. I will post up a thread and see if somebody can help me make it work.

Keep him out of your display....trust me. For once...lol

Stop bring stubborn Isaac...keep him in his own tank

I was so close to just tossing him in the display, I just heard you saying "I told you so" about a week later. I've made a nice little 10 gallon or so home for him. He really needs bigger, I've got some ideas about how to make it work.

I'm still teetering.

I was so close to just tossing him in the display, I just heard you saying "I told you so" about a week later. I've made a nice little 10 gallon or so home for him. He really needs bigger, I've got some ideas about how to make it work.

I'm still teetering.

Stand firm....no teetering...have i steered you wrong yet? Give him his own crib with pretty glass rocks from Michaels...see what his favorite color is..if anything goes wrong or you change your mind etc it's an easy fix.

Don't say I never did nothing for ya.

Lots of talk about the Avast CS3 today, decided to post up a pretty bad video of mine doing some work:

Tank:

Some pictures, might as well try and grab some nice shots before I get the fish back in.

DSC_0345_zps9dd51ad8.jpg

DSC_0346_zpsfd819995.jpg

DSC_0347_zps42cc396c.jpg

DSC_0348_zps8ba3a843.jpg

DSC_0349_zpsa829de8f.jpg

So I know I might have mentioned that I wasn't crazy about Acans... things changed.

DSC_0350_zpsdf0d1623.jpg

DSC_0351_zpsaa8322de.jpg

DSC_0352_zps73cd1bae.jpg

DSC_0355_zpseea97eb7.jpg

DSC_0356_zpsb3631f47.jpg

DSC_0357_zpsd8d8fbb7.jpg

DSC_0358_zps27de0946.jpg

DSC_0359_zps5ea37349.jpg

DSC_0360_zps1d9a9a9d.jpg

DSC_0361_zps4e173f34.jpg

DSC_0362_zps6cd23d0a.jpg

DSC_0364_zps69c51852.jpg