Attention Vendors

Orion

There is an old saying in business - Never bad mouth the competition. It makes you look bad, and unprofessional. It also makes you look weak, and worried about the competition.

Remember the old adage - "If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say it at all"

Focus on what your business does well, and not what others fail to do well. We are a smart group here, and can do our own research when it comes to the competition.

Bad mouthing, snyde comments and underhanded business tactics are all in bad form....

To make a general...our stuff is the best stuff...without being rude or slick with comments gets alot farther.

I work for a large retailer of women's clothing and never do we put down the competition. Because most of the time, the competition is as competitve as we think....We just say; they are different then us, we have different products and we have a different clientele most of the time....

And mostly because one shopper SHOPS AROUND...we are not their only store, they pick and choose the best of what they like from every retailer available...and when you bad mouth another retailer...the person who may occasionally shop there, won't shop with you anymore..because most people are turned off by negativity...

they will go somewhere where the person says oh so you shop at that big box store too...oh they have nice prices on tv...but we have great prices on refrigerators....

AMEN!  I support all but one of our vendors (Personal & moral reasons).  I do not see why there is the competition between them.  It would be cool to see them all work together as there is certain things I like about each one and I find them all friendly and easy to work with.  

I will say this- a few years back. the WAMAS board would get riled up every couple of months or so.  Lots of back and forth between sponsors and their supporters.  It was mostly related to one vendor sponsor at the time.  In the year or so since the vendor sponsor was dropped by the club, it is been very nice and calm around here.  Let's try and keep it that way.

We have a group of very good and active sponsors.  Hopefully everyone will keep playing nice.  I don't have any hard numbers but I suspect that fighting among sponsors hurts EVERYONE, members and sponsors alike.  A sponsor might get that one extra sale but they probably lose untold future sales by turning off members.  It's one of those things where no one really wins in the end.

(edited)

If you have a vendor whom you want to ignore (or another member even) you can select "manage ignor preferences" by clicking on your username.  It is very easy, and noone other than you will even be aware you have done so.

You can also hide folks "signatures."  I do this so it makes reading forums easier.  I have all signatures hidden.

Edited by BowieReefer84

Maybe we can start a store tour instead of a tank tour. Each vendor can maybe provide food or something. One does breakfast and one lunch.

Purchase from all the vendors in the tour and get entered I a raffle for free stuff. Just tossing out ideas. I know we can come up with something fun and worth while for everyone.

Another idea is to set your direct deposit to go to all the sponsors bank accounts

;) muhahahahah

We like competition drives monopoly prices down. but sometimes things get out of hand with competition and it's like chill out vendors! I'll do a vendor tour any day. With living in Frederick Md this may be the only way I could make it to any of the further ones. My savings account already deposited into LFS indirectly ;)

We like competition drives monopoly prices down. but sometimes things get out of hand with competition and it's like chill out vendors! I'll do a vendor tour any day. With living in Frederick Md this may be the only way I could make it to any of the further ones. My savings account already deposited into LFS indirectly ;)

Lol!

Another idea is to set your direct deposit to go to all the sponsors bank accounts

;) muhahahahah

You may be on to something here.  Maybe I could just get routing and acct numbers for a couple of stores and a fixed amount of money could just go right into the account for me each month as a separate allotment on my paycheck.  The store could keep track of my "Credit" and then when I came home with product there would be no transaction in anything to record.  "Oh, this?  I won it in a raffle, yeah that's it."

That would probably be the only way I'd ever get a nice scoly, lol.  Too hard for me to drop like $200-300 on one coral at once.

You may be on to something here. Maybe I could just get routing and acct numbers for a couple of stores and a fixed amount of money could just go right into the account for me each month as a separate allotment on my paycheck. The store could keep track of my "Credit" and then when I came home with product there would be no transaction in anything to record. "Oh, this? I won it in a raffle, yeah that's it."

That would probably be the only way I'd ever get a nice scoly, lol. Too hard for me to drop like $200-300 on one coral at once.

I've got a separate account JUST for this. $75 bi-weekly. She'll work it out eventually.

.... but sometimes things get out of hand with competition and it's like chill out vendors!

I believe we (wamas members) made this issue get out of hand. Chill out EVERYone and smile.

I believe we (wamas members) made this issue get out of hand. Chill out EVERYone and smile.

Can't say that I disagree with this... Well said.

As far as the store tour, excellent idea! I've gotta believe the vendors would be all in!

It has happened on multiple occasions so I don't believe it is just the members taking things out of hand.

I'm all for competition it is what drives everything!

I have always believed that if you take care of your customers, provide great service, great prices, and great livestock, then you dont need to worry about anyone else...