officer tanks, where they at

pizzaguy

I was just sitting here thinking I cannot recall seeing any of the officers tanks. Are they here somewhere? I really would like to see more member tanks. I know there is a ton were not seeing.

I was thinking about this the other day but I didn't want to say anything because I have not post anything about my tank. Maybe I'll post some up tomorrow 

Doesn't matter what they look like. Everyone starts somewhere.

Past President - just added a few photos to thread in dedicated tank form of my tank.  No shame in having a small tank or thinking your tank not very good.  We all are here to share and learn & some people have different budget levels.  As long as you are having fun and enjoying the hobby, keep on reefing.

Few years ago I had some issues with tank and lost 2/3 of livestock.  But I got frags from friends & WAMAS vendors and started again and just letting things grow out. again.

fair enough....I haven't posted any on here since I started it....I will take some pictures this weekend and do a before and after....

This was what I posted before:

day it filled with water:

180aquascapemarch2013.jpg

Past President - just added a few photos to thread in dedicated tank form of my tank. No shame in having a small tank or thinking your tank not very good. We all are here to share and learn & some people have different budget levels. As long as you are having fun and enjoying the hobby, keep on reefing.

Few years ago I had some issues with tank and lost 2/3 of livestock. But I got frags from friends & WAMAS vendors and started again and just letting things grow out. again.

+1

When lights come on ill take a pic, even though my tank look like fruit basket with all the frags lol

fair enough....I haven't posted any on here since I started it....I will take some pictures this weekend and do a before and after....

This was what I posted before:

day it filled with water:

Ohhhhhhhhh! I'm excited about this one!

Ohhhhhhhhh! I'm excited about this one!

Me to. I was beginning to wonder if they really had a tank!! Lol

one that really has me wondering is tom origami. He is brilliant when it comes to needing help so I'm very curious to see his tank. Come on tom, we know your lurking in the background.

Tom's fish room is mind boggling...so incredibly organized and perfect...its like a behind disney tour.

I wonder if it's really necessary to rub it in. Just sayin

I wonder if it's really necessary to rub it in. Just sayin

no rubbing...sheer amazement on my part I assure you....my fish room...is a DISASTER of epic proportions...I have cords and empty boxes and stuff every where that I step over...Tom's looks like he has a house keeper....

The fact that you even have "fish rooms" is amazing to me. Less talk, more pictures!

The fact that you even have "fish rooms" is amazing to me. Less talk, more pictures!

move out here to the country and you too can have one....LOL 

you city folk...

no rubbing...sheer amazement on my part I assure you....my fish room...is a DISASTER of epic proportions...I have cords and empty boxes and stuff every where that I step over...Tom's looks like he has a house keeper....

Tank pics not fish room floors. Tank pics please and now. Thank you. Hahaha

You opened a can of worms you won't be avoiding no time soon so just give in already.

Tom's fish room is mind boggling...so incredibly organized and perfect...its like a behind disney tour.

Ha! It's NOTHING compared to Monkiboy's from the pictures I've seen. There are definitely changes that I'd make.

To be fair to myself, a lot of my spare time over the last 33 months building out the basement in our new-to-us home since moving from Ashburn. Early on, I had a tank crash after trying to do too much too soon while moving the tank, and lost nearly all of my corals. (Nothing good every happens fast in a reef tank.) After spending 6 months praying for some recovery, I collected over 5 gallons of new "crushed coral" for my calcium reactor from what used to be alive and thriving. Anyway, the tank doesn't get nearly the attention that the basement project has been getting. Thankfully, I think I'll finally be done by the time summer rolls around.

Here's what I did this past weekend: Put in a new floor, baseboard and shoe moulding in what will be my home office. Jenn, when you saw this room the other day, the floor was concrete.

gallery_2631296_685_160224.jpg

LOL...Pizza Guy I promise pics this weekend...but you are going to get floor pics too haaaaaaaaaaaaa

My problem isn't my 180 its my 72 bow.  I had one gorgeous and huge rbta and one day it split...evenly....so now I have 2 HUGE...when expanded they are over 15" wide and I have lost most of my corals from them and the ones I have left I move to the sand...where the engineering goby promptly buries them...its a no win situation, I have considered giving up corals in that tank...its a work in progress but kinda sad looking lol...

wowzers Tom...that looks amazing. Just so you all know when he says he was working on the basement...his basement is the ENTIRE floor plan of his house...its huge...and he did it all himself....astounding... and fair enough on Marco's work...thats what you get to do when you don't have kids...one day it won't look like that for him ha ha ha

No shame in having a small tank

Nano's are harder  ;)

I would consider your living room a "fish room" haha