New-- from down south

I am always looking for new forums to read especially ones on tapatalk.. so hopefully y'all don't mind a "non local"..

I am from Danville VA area.. down near the NC border... here are a few pics of my 75 reef...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome aboard! That's a beautiful looking tank you have. I really like the "less is more" that is going on!

welcome aboard!!!

We don't discriminate by location around these parts....look we even let Frank (^^^^^) in here and he is in the boondocks in WV  :tongue:

If you choose to join and become a member you will have  access the entire site, including the members only areas- where all the good stuff is and happens LOL

Judging by the looks of your tank, it appears you could teach us all a thing or two...and I know we would ALL love to know more about it....

Thanks a lot y'all... I believe I will join as I also enjoy the good stuff Hahaha... I'm still learning and I love new ideas and tips..

Most of the contents are about 2 years young... the tank is about 6 months old transfered from 57 rimless set up.. with a couple smaller ones before that.

I was going for an open rock look with two sections and a distinct canyon in middle...

20L sump

Bubble magus curve 7 skimmer

Gfo reactor

2 MP10w

Ocean revive it2080 32" LED

mixed corals.. gorgonians, Sps, a few softies and zoas.. (still lots of space)..

Melanarus wrasse

Yellow wrasse

Red head solon wrasse

Swissguard basslet

Midas blenny

Pink spot goby

Clarki clown

5 red stripe cardinals

Couple more shots

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

come and join us!  Its the best $20 you will ever spend in this hobby....our members are very very active (in fact they post at all hours of the night...some true night owls on here) and the help and comradery is second to none...I think you will forge true friendships here and grow your knowledge base and help others do the same.  We have a lot of fun here...and it still amazes me that whenever anyone has an issue or an emergency, no matter what time of the day or night, the thread lights up with responses of help. 

You have a real gift for the hobby! your tank is fabulous. 

Nice tank. The gorgonians look happy. Are you actively feeding and, if so, what are you using and how often?

Welcome to WAMAS!

Thanks y'all..

The gorgonians are photosynthesis species..no special feeding.. they are my favorite pieces... along with the mangroves and roots haha

Thanks y'all..

The gorgonians are photosynthesis species..no special feeding.. they are my favorite pieces... along with the mangroves and roots haha

Isn't that convenient!

Do you ever make it up this way? And are there any really good stores near you we should venture to? (I drive down a few times a year to NC and SC and it would be good to have stops along the way home,lol)

Do you ever make it up this way? And are there any really good stores near you we should venture to? (I drive down a few times a year to NC and SC and it would be good to have stops along the way home,lol)

good point...always looking for an excuse to stop coming from OBX...

There isn't much in my neck of the woods... however in Raleigh there are several good stores... its about 1.5 hour south of me...

I get up there from time to time.. as my screen name indicates I'm a huge die hard SKINS fan... so occasionally I catch a game... used to more before my two boys were born... also getting into the Nats some as well...

you need to join and then make it out this summer to our annual Frag Fest....its a fantastic opportunity to meet everyone and pick up frags from vendors/members, free frags from the club and an amazing learning opportunity...always a very full meeting house!

you need to join and then make it out this summer to our annual Frag Fest....its a fantastic opportunity to meet everyone and pick up frags from vendors/members, free frags from the club and a fantastic learning opportunity...always a very full meeting house!

+1 If you do come up make sure your bring a couple of coolers. I promise you won't leave empty handed. Trust me I have tried.

+1 If you do come up make sure your bring a couple of coolers. I promise you won't leave empty handed. Trust me I have tried.

empty handed? not possible...in fact he may need another tank to hold it all....

Sorry to hijack a bit, but you should check out the reef farm if you ever drive near Raleigh. They are a coral farming outfit that does some onsite sales. 

Welcome to the forum GOSKIN5, are you a member of carolina fish talk? If not, you should join there too. 

Yes Carolina fish talk.. although i prefer Carolina reefers and post more there...

Absolutely.. the reef farm is one of my favorites.. in fact the large pink gorgonian came from there.. .

The reef shack is also a gem I am told.. (haven't been yet)...

OK so I am probably missing it (I'm on tapatalk) but where do I join and send money to etc?? Thanks

OK so I am probably missing it (I'm on tapatalk) but where do I join and send money to etc?? Thanks

when you get to a computer simply click "Join" shown in the banner menu at the top of any page on wamas.org and it'll take you through the payment and membership plans. welcome aboard!