My first child 10/18

gmerek2

It's a boy! My child's first time looking at the tank today. Born 10/18 8.5lb 20.5in had to crop the daylights out of the photo to get it to download on here.

Congrats!! My first is almost 7 months old now.

Get ready for at least a couple months of sleepless nights :)

Thanks guys! The crying doesn't seem to start until you want to go to bed :)

First 3 months is a piece of cake! Drink, poop, sleep! Will sleep in the exact spot you set him in.

After 3 months, still drink poop and sleep, but he can move on his own and doesn't sleep where you set him.

Around 5 months, your house turned upside down and gates are up all over. Still drink, eat, poop and take over as head of house whole.

Thereafter, the real fun begins! Happy parenting :)

congrats...sent with an 8mo old on my chest not wanting to sleep unless held

:) :) It's your fault, you spoiled your kid.

OHHH so adorable! Congrats, first babies are the hardest, just remember numbers 3&7 are the easiest!

Oh and unfortunently, this great little bundle of joy will take a little time away from your reeling, but hopefully you can get him to fall in love with the colors of the tank!

Congratulations! Mine just turned one on the 21st. The tank will be a great asset in calming him down, sometimes it was the only thing that would work.

I second what flooddc said. Be ready to child proof your tank! We just did that, and now I have to break into my sump cabinet to do any work on the thing!  

Congrats my daughter is 7 months. The tank has been great for calming her down she loves it. She's starting to get mobile so I need to childproof my tank.

First 3 months is a piece of cake! Drink, poop, sleep! Will sleep in the exact spot you set him in.

After 3 months, still drink poop and sleep, but he can move on his own and doesn't sleep where you set him.

Around 5 months, your house turned upside down and gates are up all over. Still drink, eat, poop and take over as head of house whole.

Thereafter, the real fun begins! Happy parenting :)

:) :) It's your fault, you spoiled your kid.

LOL. ... and then they tackle the stairs, and then learn to walk. Then talk... and talk, and talk. Next thing you know, they're on bikes riding around the neighborhood. Then the "lovely" teen years. Then driving. Then college and off on their own (or are they really?).

It's a long and lovely journey, filled with all kinds of excitement, frustrations, and rewards. Enjoy the ride.

Congrats!

My boy is 11 months now - this nearly a year has gone by so fast that I feel like it almost hasn't passed at all.

BTW- Fish tanks are great attention grabbers.  Mine loves to stare at the fish. Still hoping his first repeatable word is "fish".  :ph34r: