Congrats to chucelli September 2013 RC Tank of the Month

rainbowfish

Reading chucelli's posts about LEDs on reef central is what directed me to WAMAS. I was hunting for more pictures of his tank and discovered he was lodal and in this club. His tank is beautiful.

I love this:

"Unlike life on land, there is something magical about the ability to traverse in three dimensions, in this clear liquid we call water. It seems that you either get it, or you don't. I can't tell you how many times we have had guests over that barely notice the tank, while the occasional one can't stop marveling. At RC, we all marvel!"

Congrats!

wow, thanks everyone!

WAMAS represents! :cool:

YHSublime,

I take it you've had experiences were house guests walk right past your tank as if they don't notice?

Happens to me all the time!  At this point I'm used to it... Anyone who does notice either has a tank or has plans to build one!

-Robert

wow, thanks everyone!

WAMAS represents! :cool:

YHSublime,

I take it you've had experiences were house guests walk right past your tank as if they don't notice?

Happens to me all the time! At this point I'm used to it... Anyone who does notice either has a tank or has plans to build one!

-Robert

Yes sir, I don't get it!

Beautiful tank, congrats again!

Tank crash??

Are you referring to the heater explosion that caused some color loss and fish deaths?

The tank never crashed as far as I can tell. The top down pictures as well as the two most overgrown FTS were taken last week to be submitted for September.

-Robert

I don't know all the details about what Robert does, but his was the first home reef tank I saw in person and it was so pretty I bent his ear for a while asking questions.  Some things that he does that most people, including me, will find hard to do are:

- almost entirely keeps his hands out of the water.

- uses a really big downdraft skimmer downstairs with most of the rock in his system in the sump.

- injects bubbles on purpose from time to time into his return lines to keep the coral on their toes

- feeds on a very regular schedule

- doesn't add anything to the tank for years, preferring to let it all grow