The Lightning Pool- Let's have some fun.

DaveS

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$4,628.00

(edited)

BZLM2 Current bid is  $3,750, with 39 bids behind it.

BZLM1 Current bid $405 with 5 bids behind it.

BZWS1 (plain stripes) $810 with 16 bids behind it.

Edited by treesprite

Someone has way too much money to be spending that much on a clownfish which will be lucky to live past five years. It's really scary it only has a 2 hour guarantee!

I have no clue so tell me how long does it take to get fish to spawn and grow etc so you can reclaim some of that money back since I assume only breeders are buying

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

With it coming directly from the Blue Zoo facility it will be covered in parasites too.  I swear that place must have airborne fish diseases.

Are you sure that is where it's coming from? The guiy at BZA told me the other day that it is a private owner using BZA services to sell.

Are you sure that is where it's coming from? The guiy at BZA told me the other day that it is a private owner using BZA services to sell.

No, I suppose I'm not, but According to Matt (the breeder), they were "boxed up and shipped to BZA" so I assume they're at BZA.

BEST. LIGHTNING. MAROON. CLOWNFISH. AUCTION. THREAD. EVER!  Nothing more awesome than folks willing to just have fun with this.  I applaud the pool idea!  BRAVO :)

The fish are indeed at Blue Zoo, but my understanding is that they are NOT in the general system, but in a well controlled area that may have restricted access even (or may even be in a separate location entirely).  These fish have really not be subjected to much outside influence / pathogens, so certainly I share the concern just in general of captive bred fish being intermingled with the rest of the supply chain. That said, I sent a test fish to them months back...a true CULL...and that fish was reported to be "very robust".

Regardless, I've already encouraged any bidder to simply have formalin on hand...brook is so crazy and maroons are so susceptible...I'd hate for someone to get them and then have them collapse from brook or something similar.

So looks like the 2 with the lightning marks are

BLZM1 - 5100

BLZM2 - 5300

Crazy to think there is over a day left and they could top 7k for these fish.

But where I think its even nuttier is the ones w/o the marking.  There is no guarantee they can ever breed with the lightening characteristics.

BZWS1 - 810

BZWS2 - 425

BZWS3 - 610