Brian's 105g SPS

corsi1330

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice progress. What type of lights are you putting in the hood? Will the hood have an open top?

Thanks! Going to use 2 400w MH and 3 T-5 actinic. The hood will stay as is with no top

Nice stand! Cant wait to see it all up and running.

Very nice.

Absolutely beautiful stand!!!!! Can't wait to see this one finished.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Getting excited about it.

I really like the overhung granite top. That will be amazingly easy to clean and it looks great.

Looks Great!!

Nice stand! Cant wait to see it all up and running.

Very nice.

Looking Good.

That stand looks SWEET! Now I know who to call if I ever need to build one! :happy:

Looks amazing.

Absolutely beautiful stand!!!!! Can't wait to see this one finished.

Wow. Can't wait to see it all setup.

Great stand!! Looking forward to this one. Following along.

After a couple of very late nights I completed the plumbing to my basement sump. The only dissapointment was that my Sea Squid did not come in and had to rig the supply line in my stand. Should be just an easy swap but I was hoping to put it behind me. Anyways got rock and water flowing in the tank! All but one of the pieces of rock have been in my sump for years and thinking of just running the tank with no lights for a week or so. I will get the hood and lights hung and ready to roll this week and fire them beginning of next week. Now I need to work on my fish list? Was thinking about a powder blue, yellow, and my Kohl tang that is in one of my basement tanks. I have also wanted a copperband so that will be on the list. Others making the move will be my clowns, 3 chromis, 1 fat head anthias, 2 wrasses, 1 nem "hope it does not move around a lot!"

IMG_0253_zps0b89b565.jpg

Nice progress, it's clean and pretty!

Is the vent on the base of the stand because you put the tank over a HVAC vent in your home? If not, I'm curious, what's it for?

Nice progress, it's clean and pretty!

Is the vent on the base of the stand because you put the tank over a HVAC vent in your home? If not, I'm curious, what's it for?

Thanks. Yeah, the stand went over an exsisting vent. It worked out that I was able to run the pipes through the exsisting cavity "no drilling the hardwood" and just replaced the HVAC line with a smaller size 4" to feed that vent that you see.

I wondered if the vent was being dual-purposed! I love it, nicely done :)

Yuo call that a stand??? you cant even see a bare 2x4 wth....

stone came out great as the top of the stand....been thinking of doing something similar to the ledge in front of my tank...which the wife has claimed as a drink holder.

congrats on all the hard work, you beat me to salt water thats for sure....looking forward to the additions.

Almost there! Just ordered new ballasts/light bulbs for the lighting which should be here first of next week. I am looking for a solution for my return to quiet down. Getting a waterfall noise pretty bad and when I open up the flow to quiet down the water noise "fill up the return higher" I am getting a more annoying air sucking sound. I have added tubing on the airways which has helped but not enough. Drill a bigger hole? Anyone have any suggestions?

IMG_0258_zpsa277d29b.jpg