Brian's 105g SPS

corsi1330

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great! much better than last time I saw your tank.

Yes on the rebound! Thanks

Very nice. Richard was saying the other day how nice this tank was.

Thanks, if you are ever up this way again please stop over

can i get a picture of your sump? tank looks great, by the way. great photos!

Not the most attractive sump you will ever see but here it is. Just added the UV. Also run a media reactor which is not pictured.

IMG_2513_zpsb5554bc9.jpg

IMG_2514_zpsfcd0fd45.jpg

Very nice pics....sorry to hear about the anemone going on a vacation....i really want one in my main tank but im too afraid of exactly that happenning.

is that a fuge or a frag tank in the sump pics? im guessing a 45 cube or is that the 70g that the anem went into.

Tank is looking good though

problem with nems is even if they dont walk they get so big and stretch out...I am constantly losing parts of corals that I have to relocate as they stretch out over 15"...they are gorgeous but total PITA in the tank....at some point I want to just set up a dedicated tank for this reason....

Well the tank looks fantastic so I guess its good that you got the chance to rearrange and remove it....

Looks like you still have some of the cardinals. How many are still left in the group?

Do they swim in the open with lights on?

Doing well and they stay in a group. They mostly stay on one side of the tank but near the front pane. The total I put in the tank was 13. Actually ordered a couple more but were DOA (got credit). I found one on the floor and the two have just vanished. So the group is holding steady at 10.

Very nice pics....sorry to hear about the anemone going on a vacation....i really want one in my main tank but im too afraid of exactly that happenning.

is that a fuge or a frag tank in the sump pics? im guessing a 45 cube or is that the 70g that the anem went into.

Tank is looking good though

That is my 70 cube. That is my next project as it is not aquascaped. This will be my led test tank as I purchased 2 D120's. Should have the lights next week and going to rearrange rock work and flow as I am also installing a sea swirl.

problem with nems is even if they dont walk they get so big and stretch out...I am constantly losing parts of corals that I have to relocate as they stretch out over 15"...they are gorgeous but total PITA in the tank....at some point I want to just set up a dedicated tank for this reason....

Well the tank looks fantastic so I guess its good that you got the chance to rearrange and remove it....

Thanks. It was a challenge to remove the nem. Feel bad for my clowns as they are still in he tank. They are trying to host in my clam currently :-)

very nice!  How are you dealing with the humidity?

Humidity is really only a problem in the basement and run a dehumidifier when needed. The upstairs tank is my office but next to a two story open foyer/living room and never had any issues. With the LEDS I will remove a 400w MH and will hopefully keep the basement in check.

• 2 weeks later...

Really love your tank...and I wish I had your carpentry skills and toys. Nice work all the way around. Looking forward to seeing this tank's growth over the long haul

I know I'm a little late but great job on the stand!  That is some excellent work.  Tank looks great, I will definitely be tuning in.

• 4 months later...

I purchased some branch pieces from the Ceramico group buy that Marcos put together. So I Thought it would be a good spot to update my build. I busted out my tile saw and started chipping away. A little nerve racking cutting an expensive piece and working around my most delicate SPS coral "red dragon". Going to move some corals around and may have to move the green efflo downstairs but I am pretty happy with it. Lmk what you think

IMG_3118_zpsedf594e1.jpg

IMG_3124_zps1a20e83e.jpg

dude, that's going to be genius use of some epoxy and that branching piece for some mounting of sps mini colonies or frags and added space for corals! nice work! what about all the other pieces you got? you're holding out on us!

I like that Red Dragon colony, the ledge looks sweet, nice work!

dude, that's going to be genius use of some epoxy and that branching piece for some mounting of sps mini colonies or frags and added space for corals! nice work! what about all the other pieces you got? you're holding out on us!

Thanks, I can now buy a few more SPS from you :-) I do have 5 more branch pieces but going to dry fit those into a 120g eventually.

I like that Red Dragon colony, the ledge looks sweet, nice work!

Thanks, I seem to break a piece of the red dragon every time my hand goes in the tank. They grow fast and your welcome to a piece

Very cool!

I like it, looks great!!

Thank you

Nice!  I say let the efflo grow - they look more natural when they run up against barriers (and other corals).  Did you use epoxy or cement?

Brian you know I hate when you show off !!! :laugh: but I always love the results. Tagging along. FTS please.