Two tanks, One room

YHSublime

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seeing that beaut all open like that really makes me miss my BTA nem tank...sigh

I am toying with the idea of turning it into a nem tank. Although it's small, it would most likely be alright I think. I hope the clowns stop being silly and jump on in. There are a lot of hosting options (frogspawn, a gigantic RBTA, GSP) They like the corner by the drain the best so far. If I can't get them to host and it turns into a bust, I'll do zoas only and call it a day.

Nice. My stubborn nem wouldn't move from in front of the flow, so I changed the flow around. Now he's already twice as big as he was even though some of his tentacles look a bit crooked still. Wonder how quickly he will grow now that he has some room to stretch away from the flow. Also I wonder what I'll do with him if he gets big enough to start stinging the corals that I have right next to him because he was small and not getting bigger.

i would trade them in for better clowns.... 

I will just split my RBTA until there no choice BUT to be in an anemone. Take that short bus clowns!

Nice. My stubborn nem wouldn't move from in front of the flow, so I changed the flow around. Now he's already twice as big as he was even though some of his tentacles look a bit crooked still. Wonder how quickly he will grow now that he has some room to stretch away from the flow. Also I wonder what I'll do with him if he gets big enough to start stinging the corals that I have right next to him because he was small and not getting bigger.

Nem does what nem wants, should put that "wondering" mind to rest. There is almost no flow in the little 20 gallon fwiw.

My two clowns spent a year playing chicken with my nem. Then they started hosting in a nepthia. I switched the nem and nepthia and now they dont come out of the nem and they bask in it like they making up for all that lost time...my suggestion is stick the nem right under where the clowns usually hang out or put them in a bucket together. In the long run they'll thank you :)

That nem is gorgeous!   maybe put some flow where the clowns are hanging out so they get pushed over to the nem. It is not that big of a tank. That is the one to the left of your display- correct?

My two clowns spent a year playing chicken with my nem. Then they started hosting in a nepthia. I switched the nem and nepthia and now they dont come out of the nem and they bask in it like they making up for all that lost time...my suggestion is stick the nem right under where the clowns usually hang out or put them in a bucket together. In the long run they'll thank you :)

The side tank is only 20 gallons, the nem takes up a good 10. I see it having to happen soon! I wonder what would happen if I threw them in a 5 gallon with the nem, no choice but to be in it...

put up a picture of clowns hosting a BTA

That idea always seemed silly to me, but I will try it!

That nem is gorgeous!   maybe put some flow where the clowns are hanging out so they get pushed over to the nem. It is not that big of a tank. That is the one to the left of your display- correct?

It's just a run of the mill RBTA, but it looks nice under the kessil. It is also huge. I do need to put some flow in there, I'm debating between saving up for a MP-10, or just getting a WP-10, either way, I need something soon. You're right, it's a small tank, and yeah, it's the old mantis think tank on the left.

+1

Its not that silly. The picture helped get them from chicken phase to actually going in the nem. They just wouldnt commit and i think its cause the nem was on the wrong side of the overflow box from where they liked to hang out. When the nepthia showed up the picture didnt help that much anymore and they were real keen on hosting the nepthia....after i switched things around..boom.

And I'm only moved the nem from right side of overflow to the left..

Make sure the clowns in the picture are super cool ones that yours will want to emulate. Dont put a pic of some nerd clowns up there or you may never get them into it.

Make sure the clowns in the picture are super cool ones that yours will want to emulate. Dont put a pic of some nerd clowns up there or you may never get them into it.

I put up a pic of the fonz in an anemone.

Here is one of my little nerds in my gimpy nem that's starting to recover from powerhead battering for a few months.  Feel free to show it to your clowns and tell them if they don't start sleeping in that nice big red one you gave them you might make them sleep in this instead.

IMAG1318_zpsif0pictb.jpg

Here is one of my little nerds in my gimpy nem that's starting to recover from powerhead battering for a few months.  Feel free to show it to your clowns and tell them if they don't start sleeping in that nice big red one you gave them you might make them sleep in this instead.

Maybe it will work, but they like the overflow best. I really think I'm going to just propagate it until there is no other choice but to be in a nem...

fonz? friends of the national zoo?

Fonz "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey" ie

Like, Arthur Fonzarelli.

fonz? friends of the national zoo?

sigh....

1. im shocked Isaac knows who that is- his great grandparents must have told him

2. seriously....you are a youngin too Jack? 

1. im shocked Isaac knows who that is- his great grandparents must have told him

Careful, Jenn, you date yourself by proxy!

sigh....

2. seriously....you are a youngin too Jack? 

Well..young compared to who? :laugh: Just had my b-day a couple of weeks ago....i'm closer to 40!

I know Happy Days well, used to watch it. But apparently I am not smart enough to associate Fonz with an anemone so was confused.

apparently I am not smart enough to associate Fonz with an anemone so was confused.

Context:

I put up a pic of the fonz in an anemone.

What's cooler than The Fonz in a nem?

Wait, what direction are you taking your tank?  did you switch to an anemone tank?  I'm confused (haven't been following as closely as others it seems)