Two tanks, One room

YHSublime

The utlimate design is SPS based, high light/high flow, I guess I could see how the zoas look.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on educating those clowns Isaac. You are a miracle worker.

Thanks, but the probability of them having to wander into it at some stage was high. Also, I only fed the nem, instead if the tank. They must have got hungry and thanked me later.

I'd love to see a video of that wp25 in a 20g long. What setting do you have it on?

I'll put one up tonight. Setting is w1s1, it rocks the boat.

I have a hard time with it on my 60g which has about 16" of water in it, if I knock it at all, I either have a sand storm, or water dribbling down the back wall.  This is why I'm so shocked to see people put them in short tanks.  

Crazy guy, putting a wp-25 in a 20G! My nem was so pissed when I put the wp-25 in my 29, I felt so bad. It took him a while to get settled and moved a few inches (for the better in terms of corals). I am only running mine between 30 and 44% of power during the day and 30% at night right now. I can't imagine running w1s1 in a 20G. S1 is the highest speed, right?

I have a hard time with it on my 60g which has about 16" of water in it, if I knock it at all, I either have a sand storm, or water dribbling down the back wall.  This is why I'm so shocked to see people put them in short tanks.  

Hmm. Yeah, nem was angry for a bit, and the clowns looked confused as could be, but the nem can move to the other side of the rock if it wants, and so can the clowns. I'll put a video up tonight for sure so you can see. It is causing waves up top, that is for sure.

Crazy guy, putting a wp-25 in a 20G! My nem was so pissed when I put the wp-25 in my 29, I felt so bad. It took him a while to get settled and moved a few inches (for the better in terms of corals). I am only running mine between 30 and 44% of power during the day and 30% at night right now. I can't imagine running w1s1 in a 20G. S1 is the highest speed, right?

Hey, I don't like detrius or cyano, alright?! The nem will adapt. So will the fish. There is nothing in there but the clowns, nem, and a GSP tonga. Oh, and some zoas that got blown about. I found a zoa in my tank and I don't know where it came from?! I found another baby golden torch as well. I never read the chinese manual, I couldn't make heads or tails of it. I just know that if I didn't do a drip loop, I would have a house fire, or something to that extenet. I should have taken your cord to take the WP's down to a lower speed, but eh...

Another baby torch, how cute. So what are your plans for 20g?

Help me decide! Here are the options. I am running high flow, high light. I might as well grow something if I'm going to use the electricity.

Here is the predicament with the current situation. The tank has sand, rock, clowns, and RBTA. Do I keep the RBTA and clowns and take the sand out and grow zoas on the floor? Do I put the RBTA in the DT and rehome the clowns, take out the sand and put in frag racks and do an SPS grow out? Do I keep the sand, rock, clowns, and nem, and just turn it into a little display tank on the side? Do I keep it for propagating nems? Do I get another mantis? So many activities!!!!

So many options. Mantis are fun to have as you know, but a frag tank is always nice it would keep your DT clean looking. Umm you can always do a smaller LPS tank. Or you could make it your fiance tank and have her pick out what goes in there :)

So many options. Mantis are fun to have as you know, but a frag tank is always nice it would keep your DT clean looking. Umm you can always do a smaller LPS tank. Or you could make it your fiance tank and have her pick out what goes in there :)

If anybody can find me a cheap mantis, I will turn it back into a mantis think tank. But I won't break the bank on it. Now you see my predicament, there are a lot of options. I could move all my frags over from the DT and do a grow out in the 20. Move the rock and nem out, take out the sand, just grow. I don't think I'll be doing LPS anymore. It would either be for zoas or SPS. Or I could clear everything out except for how it is now, and do nems. The fiance could care less, which is probably a good thing. If we were both into the hobby we might be in trouble!

Hey, I don't like detrius or cyano, alright?! The nem will adapt. So will the fish. There is nothing in there but the clowns, nem, and a GSP tonga. Oh, and some zoas that got blown about. I found a zoa in my tank and I don't know where it came from?! I found another baby golden torch as well. I never read the chinese manual, I couldn't make heads or tails of it. I just know that if I didn't do a drip loop, I would have a house fire, or something to that extenet. I should have taken your cord to take the WP's down to a lower speed, but eh...

Hey! That manual was extremely helpful for me! Just kidding, I don't read Chinese either. But I do know that W1 S3 is the lowest setting (50% power), which means S1 is the highest setting...

You should hook up your wp's to your apex. You'll get more control that way. Talk to rrbigdog. He was passing out free Jebao/Apex cables at the meeting.

Hey! That manual was extremely helpful for me! Just kidding, I don't read Chinese either. But I do know that W1 S3 is the lowest setting (50% power), which means S1 is the highest setting...

You should hook up your wp's to your apex. You'll get more control that way. Talk to rrbigdog. He was passing out free Jebao/Apex cables at the meeting.

I figured you wrote the manual ;)

I actally got one. But I picked up for a friend. He needs it more than I do, I don't think I need that much control over an already controlled controller. Say that 5x fast.

I'd love to see a video of that wp25 in a 20g long.  What setting do you have it on?  

Here you go, Loni. Sorry for the delay. The Mrs. was watching some terrible old American Idol failures when I recorded it, so I had to add some music to cover up the atrocity that was the background. That RBTA is just 1, btw, it's just stretched out ALL over.

Thanks Isaac!  That is a lot of flow.  I bought 3 apex cables for my WP's, if I don't use them all, I'll pm you.  

Sounds good, thanks! That is a lot of flow, I turned it down last night, and added a zoa garden on the bottom.

How did you turn it down? settings please :)

I put it on channel 2, which is slower than 3, which I always thought was the lowest, turns out is the highest.

So.....W2S1?  Some settings you can "dial" down also.

Nope, W1S2

W1: Classical wave mode:

W2, W3: Fixed program pattern for waves and streams:

Based on different creatures in the tank, work with knob to change types of waves and streams.

Else: Non-fixed program pattern for waves and streams:

Based on different creatures in the tank, work with knob to change types of waves and streams.

S1: maximum stream.

S2: 75% maximum stream.

S3: 50% maximum stream.

I was under the impression that it was always the other way around, S1 being lowest, S3 being highest. Jack cleared that up, and I read those English instructions and they really helped clear things up. So the video is shot on S1W1, rocking the face off that 20 gallon.

The video is horizontal!!! I am so proud of Isaac!

Cool little video, fish in a natural reef get pushed around a lot with the wave motion, most tank fish are wimps. Give that clown a workout!

Cool little video, fish in a natural reef get pushed around a lot with the wave motion, most tank fish are wimps. Give that clown a workout!

Isaac could use a workout as well. :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  Love the flow Bro. Now post a vid of the Zoa garden.

Wow, turn that down... it's making me seasick! 

I vote for sps grow out tank or nem collection.... 

Haha, how did I not see these all day?! I'm slipping.

Yeah, I lurn thengs gud! I think the fish are OK with the flow as well, but I have turned it down, a notch.

Isaac could use a workout as well. :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  Love the flow Bro. Now post a vid of the Zoa garden.

You aren't kidding man. Zoa garden is in grow out. I fragged all my stuff and put it in the 20 to see how it does under the lights. Recovery is better in the 20 than it is in the 150.

wow youre mean....too much flow on those poor things!!

Nah, I turned it down. They were doing just fine. They love that nem though. They love food more, that big one is a piggie.

Wow, turn that down... it's making me seasick! 

I vote for sps grow out tank or nem collection.... 

Haha, I turned it down right after I shot the video.

Thanks for the vote, I would just have to find a home for this gigantic nem and 2 clowns. Maybe we will see how it goes.