pizzaguy's new build (this one is the one) no more changing

pizzaguy

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow man, this certainly has filled out VERY nicely. You've picked up a lot of corals over the past 6 months!

Nice looking tank and great job on the pictures! So what fish do you have in the tank now?

Male lyretail anthias, 4 clowns, magnificent foxface, one tang forgot name sorry, 2 chromis, and 2 pajama cardinals. Lost my mimic and kole tang. My own fault. I have small children and should have taken that into consideration when placing the tank. It's in my living room where the children play most of the day and basically scaring the skittish fish all day long. Stupid choice on my part so any further fish choices will have to be well thought out.

Thank you. Your gonna die laughing. I'll post a pic thus evening of the tank now. I added around 40 more frags mostly sps since those pics. It's so packed it looks ridiculous. I gotta get that nano setup before it drives me crazy.

Time to invent floating frag racks I guess IMAG1168_zps903a11c7.jpg[/url [url=http://s330.photobucket.com/user/BROTHERSPIZZERIA/media/IMAG1167_zpse6267752.jpg.html]IMAG1167_zpse6267752.jpg[/url [url=http://s330.photobucket.com/user/BROTHERSPIZZERIA/media/IMAG1170_zps39a91de1.jpg.html]IMAG1170_zps39a91de1.jpg[/url [url=http://s330.photobucket.com/user/BROTHERSPIZZERIA/media/IMAG1169_zps6699dab7.jpg.html]IMAG1169_zps6699dab7.jpg[/url [url=http://s330.photobucket.com/user/BROTHERSPIZZERIA/media/IMAG1178_zpscd860a85.jpg.html]IMAG1178_zpscd860a85.jpg[/url [url=http://s330.photobucket.com/user/BROTHERSPIZZERIA/media/IMAG1179_zpsb8be425b.jpg.html]IMAG1179_zpsb8be425b.jpg

Or he could just thin them out and send some over here???.

Another idea is to put some of the frags you have that are on frag plugs that are on your sand bed one piece of PVC to raise them a bit...so it will be like high, low high....and give them more room to spread....

But I like the thinning out idea better :)

I like my rock work that's the problem. And smallreef, I guess I could be classified as a coral hoarder. If you only knew how much I wanted to get at ff. So instead I bought a gigantic clam. Makes sense huh. Once everything acclimated I'm gonna see if surf can come over for a mounting party and start permanently locating sps. That should free up about 10% of the sandbed.lol

Man, how many of you longtimers can remember when you got that feeling of your first reef tank starting to mature. I'm starting to get that warm and fuzzy feeling that my loooonnnnggggg sleepless nights battling ridiculous high nitrates are finally starting to pay dividends. This is my first true reef system and over the last couple days I've really started to notice the maturity coming along and lots of coral reproducing and growing, keeping almost all my sps alive which IMO is a feat in itself. Yes, I've lost some stuff, but ultimately its been fairly smooth so far except for 50% water changes every 10 to 15 days for 3 months straight for nitrates which I still have some but there at least in control. All my acro and other sps is showing decent growth so that tells me they can tolerate a little nitrates. I've lost more zoa frags then anything as they would be huge one day and start melting the next for whatever reason. Knock on lots of wood but I've never experienced any form of algae outbreaks whatsoever. Tank has been setup since the end of December 2012. And last but not least I wanna give a huge shoutout to Frank aka surf&turf. Without him none of this would have been possible for me. He has pretty much guided me from the very beginning of my journey and still continually helps me on a daily basis whenever I need advice or help.

Man, how many of you longtimers can remember when you got that feeling of your first reef tank starting to mature.

Good feeling, huh? You're probably already noticing really small changes like growth or when something not right. Stay alert. There always seems to be more challenges ahead.

(Sent from my phone.)

And last but not least I wanna give a huge shoutout to Frank aka surf&turf. Without him none of this would have been possible for me. He has pretty much guided me from the very beginning of my journey and still continually helps me on a daily basis whenever I need advice or help.

You couldn't have asked a better mentor.

I'm so happy to hear your tank is settling in and you're able now to just sit and enjoy watching it take off!! This is the best part.. when you get to actually pat yourself on the back and realize you CAN do it!!! Well done :D

congrats!!!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thank u

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

crappy cell pics is all i got, sorry