Coral Hind's 600g FOWLR

Coral Hind

I've heard of mixing the paint but, like you, never had them mess up a batch mix. I guess it's bound to happen sooner or later. The build is looking great!

(Sent from my phone)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The background looks light blue. Did you use white poly cardboard and paint it or is that just reflection from the water? It looks awesome.

Also, no powerheads or are they all beautifully hidden?

It is all white poly that is held up with velcro but it does pick up some blue from the lights. No there are no power heads, just the Dart return via the 1 1/2" pipe in the back right corner. The two 2" drains are on the left side.

looks great. I hope those fish appreciate the difference from their previous surroundings.

I sure hope so too. Most of the fish seem to have adjusted very well but the picasso trigger seems to hide a lot. I've never had such a shy trigger before but I guess that is better then an aggressive trigger.

My big ASM G-6x skimmer uses two Sedra 15000 pumps and it dumps out a good bit of mirco bubbles which were making their way into the display tank. Yesterday I ran the output of the skimmer into the bio ball tower which really helped to reduced the noise and stopped the mirco bubbles. I'm sure that helps process the water again as it goes over the bio balls.

That is a pretty cool fish. I doubt there are many of them in a home aquarium. I did grab the polleni grouper that was on sale at diver's den yesterday. I plan to add that at the same time as the miniatus grouper I got from Aquarium One.

Whenever I see someone selling a big fish I thing about your new tank, Dave. I realize it's not a saltwater pond, but 600 gallons is still a good size tank! I can't wait to see this in person.

• 2 weeks later...

Friggin' awesome! To have a set big enough to unload, transport, and place a tank that large by yourself must make it difficult to walk.

"How did 1500G of saltwater cost THAT much?"

That's funny, thanks!

Here are some pictures of two Harlequins I added last week. First is a 4 1/2" Harlequin Hind or Polleni Grouper

PolleniGrouper.jpg

And, a 7" Australian Harlequin Tusk.

HarlequinTusk.jpg