Which controller??

Jennylynn9579

Thinking of picking up the reef angel as well due to cost/flexbility and overall old school GUI...How's it working out for you icecool2? What are the cons for RA?

Thanks

I use the old ACIII

+1

The controller has been trouble free, the DC8 outlets? Not so much. Customer support has been excellent.

I used an AC-III until recently, when I switched over to an Apex. Both the Apex and the AC-III have the control capabilities that you mentioned that you're interested in.

Thinking of picking up the reef angel as well due to cost/flexbility and overall old school GUI...How's it working out for you icecool2? What are the cons for RA?

Thanks

I personally love it. Now there are a few caveats to that... I write all my own code from scratch. I don't use their builder tools because I want things very customized. For me it works perfectly well and it very stable.

I, too, am a fan of the Reef Angel. Depending on what you want to monitor the controller works fantastically. It costs less than the other products but does require some configuration and programming to do some of the specialized options. I do some programming if you need the help and would be happy to show you what I doing. Check out my web site for some screen shots and ideas for some of the things available. Thx

Ross

To the same end as Rosco's mentioned... I have a pretty detailed tutorial on my website that takes you through how to program the RA. It is actually one of the links that they send you to from the ReefAngel website.

Is anyone using AI Sols? I have 2 now, will be getting two more for the upgrade, but I think there was some other accessory needed to run them with the Apex. And will the Apex run vortechs straight out of the gate or will I have to buy something else for that too? I assume the standard grade ph probe is fine, I wouldn't need the lab grade, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is anyone using AI Sols? I have 2 now, will be getting two more for the upgrade, but I think there was some other accessory needed to run them with the Apex. And will the Apex run vortechs straight out of the gate or will I have to buy something else for that too? I assume the standard grade ph probe is fine, I wouldn't need the lab grade, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just checked with the guy that developed ReefAngel and he said support is available for the AI Sols. Reef Angel supports all channels individually and Vortech is supported as well. Thx

(edited)

Apex on reef tank.

If you want web control, Apex Jr for a FOWLR tank or a less complex reef (especially if you don't need a display or can borrow one for initial setup), otherwise RK Lite.

Edited by schudini