Fazio92's 330gal Rimless Reef Display

Hey Everyone,

So many of you have been asking me to post a build thread for the past 8 months, so I am finally giving in :) . Luckily, (planned ahead ;) ) I took pictures throughout the build process; which are displayed below. This new system is an upgrade from my prior 92gal corner and runs roughly 470gal total (330 main, 150gal sump (100gal filled) and 40 holding tank). With my goal of making everything seamless as possible, I routed all electrical and plumbing behind the wall to a sump room; under the stand is just storage space :) . At the moment I am running the following:

Tank

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good, Anthony. Did that guy ever come around to do the final glass polishing?

As stated above, tank looks great

I say keep sand out of it, i think it looks great the way it is (just need some corals :clap: )

seeing it in person really trumps these pics...stand is fantastic, fish room is well set up....very jealous.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments!! It was a ton of work and took a very long time just to get it where it's at now! Time to start re-establising my SPS population since I lost all of it during the move back in September!

Looking good, Anthony. Did that guy ever come around to do the final glass polishing?

Thanks Tom, Yeah I got the glass guy to come back out; which was only 2 month delay for the project...

-Anthony

Absolutely gorgeous!

Will be following along and watching for your updates. Love the walnut railing and stone work.

May I ask which room in your house it is set up in? And your fish room is directly behind the wall behind the tank? Is that your laundry room?

Great job Anthony!

Maureen

Thanks everyone!

Absolutely gorgeous!

Will be following along and watching for your updates. Love the walnut railing and stone work.

May I ask which room in your house it is set up in? And your fish room is directly behind the wall behind the tank? Is that your laundry room?

Great job Anthony!

Maureen

It's in the basement AKA "mancave" :) The fish room is directly behind the display tank wall, luckily (yes, laundry/unfinished area). I originally wanted to to an in-wall, but I would have only been able to fit a 5ft tank because of the HVAC and other plumbing that I didn't want to move. Plus, I would have loss the end view panes; which I like as an additional viewing perspective. So, I'm pretty happy with my choice of a longer tank and not sticking it in the wall.

-Anthony

Anthony - will you be incorporating LED actinics to bring out the color of your corals? or just stick with MH?