Bemmer's Total System Sale - Everything is Being Sold

Guest Bemmer

wow, kind of a shocker. I hate to see people completely give it up. Family does come first, I know. Is it possible for you to keep something small, even a nano just to stay with the hobby?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We hope to continue been considered part of the extended family...

:idea: Look at it his way what other AItalian restaurant has a reef tank in the area? How cool that would be :biggrin: Sorry but I had to try, I couldn't live with myself if I didn't.

I know this might have crossed your mind already, but rather tear everything down (since we all know we can't leave the hobby no matter how much we all want and try) you could sell livestock, rock, etc cover the tank wall leave everything intact and when you start having more time in your hands you can just restock it and take off running... I mean I just hate seeing someone inspiring as yourself leave the hobby :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

An restaurant with a reef tank = a place where people don't mind so much if they have to wait for a table or wait for their food. And there would be a great reason to ban smoking. Sounds like a great kid-friendly place to me.

Another option (although I haven't seen your place so I don't know if this is possible) is to maybe just scale things down a bit. Heavily stocked SPS tanks with lots of interesting but not always hardy fish take a lot of work and $$ to set up and maintain Lighting, temp, flow, water quality, chemistry -- all of it has to be just right and stable for things to thrive. A tank with some hardy softies and zoas, lightly stocked with some hardy fish (damsels/clowns, yellow tangs, grammas, chromis), etc. . . . would take considerably less time. With what you've already got set up, you could probably cut your maintenance down to just cleaning out the skimmer and wiping down the glass once in a while and maybe 1 water change / month. Sure, it wouldn't be your dream tank, but at least it would be something.

Two advantages to scaling down rather than getting out:

1) It will be much easier and cheaper to get fully back into things when you are ready; and

2) The kids. I know that's why you are getting out, but it also might be a reason to try and stay in. As much as my wife chafes against the time and $$ I spend on this hobby, probably the biggest reason she puts up with it is because the kids love it. They don't know or care about the difference b/n a Tyree LE fancy name acropora and the silver tipped xenia that literally grows like a weed, and probably prefer the latter, but they like to watch things sway with the current and the fish do their thing.

Sorry to pester you, but like Raf, I figured I had to at least try. My son still remembers you as "the glue lady" we were looking for at the last meeting. :) I would hate to see you have to leave the hobby, but if you do, best of luck.

Well Rebecca, I know your not going to listen to the masses and keep the tank running. I'll also say that putting a reef in a restaurant is one of the worst ideas ever come up with (even if it were a Chinese restaurant ;) ). You are still part of the extended family weather you have a reef tank running or not and you'll always be welcome to stop by my place and sit and watch fishies whenever your schedule allows :)

Bob Lanman: BUY THIS TANK!!!!!! :biggrin:

Well Rebecca, I know your not going to listen to the masses and keep the tank running. I'll also say that putting a reef in a restaurant is one of the worst ideas ever come up with (even if it were a Chinese restaurant ;) ). You are still part of the extended family weather you have a reef tank running or not and you'll always be welcome to stop by my place and sit and watch fishies whenever your schedule allows :)

Bob Lanman: BUY THIS TANK!!!!!! :biggrin:

That's the plan...

bob

Rabecca - I've really enjoyed watching your thread and envying your hubby's construction skill. I must say I have to apologize for being so over zealous in trying to get Bob to buy your tank. As much as I admire what you've done with it........i just couldn't let Bob pass this one up. I couldn't dream of a better setup to come my way (if my wife would let me buy it).

What Dan says is true......you're always a part of the family. Just let us know when you are ready to start again and we'll all be here to help you. Good luck with your new endeavor.

Guest Bemmer

Okay, here is the first wave...more stuff to come as it get sorted out.

I have had most of these fish for at least 4-6 months. All of them eat well and have been good citizens in the reef tank.

Yoshia Gobies (pair) $50.00

ORA Yellow stripped Neons( pair) $55.00

ORA Blue stripped Neon (pair) $46.75

Midas Blenny (Africa) $42.50

Majestic Angelfish $105.00

Purple firefish (pair) $45.00

Lavender Tang $30.00

Cherub Pygmy Angelfish (two) $42.50

Fairy Wrasse $35.00

Atlantic Tang $50.00

Blue-Lined Cardinalfish (eight) $75.00 ($10.00/each)

Helfichi Firefish $125.00

Bellus Angelfish (pair) $170.00

Lyretail Anthias (male)$20.00

Bimaculatus Anthias (2 females price per fish)$65.00

Bimaculatus Anthias (1 male) $80.00

Falco Hawkfish $20.00

Blood Red Shrimp - $20.00

2 - Cleaner Shrimp - $15.00/each

Peppermint Shrimp - $10.00

X-Large Serpent Seastar - $15.00

Medium Harliquin Serpent Seastar - $20.00

Looks like Bob "Ianman" is interested in most of the equipment and the main tank. So, instead of posting all the equipment only to find that I have a buyer for it all, I will wait until Thursday evening to post the equipment. Thanks for your patience.

I have over 80 colonies and frags in my two tanks, including some large acros, millis, montis and lots of zoathids. I will post the prices on the tanks so they will be available for pick up on Saturday and Sunday. Please let me know if you are coming to check out the corals and remaining stuff.

Thanks for your interest.

Rebecca

Okay, here is the first wave...more stuff to come as it get sorted out.

I have over 80 colonies and frags in my two tanks, including some large acros, millis, montis and lots of zoathids. I will post the prices on the tanks so they will be available for pick up on Saturday and Sunday. Please let me know if you are coming to check out the corals and remaining stuff.

Thanks for your interest.

Rebecca

Rebecca,

Can you post some of the prices of the corals?

Thanks,

Scott

You should list yourself as a BRK satellite office for the weekend ;)

If we had our larger system set up, we would love to have some of the beautiful stock you have. I'm sure where ever they go, they will be in good hands.

Guest Bemmer

Okay,

I got a bunch of PM's to mark off. I will get them posted tonight if possible.

The corals are going to be a little tricky but I will do my best to post a price range. I am planning on doing my sale like Chris did his. I will show the price of the pieces on the tank the day of the sale. There are plenty of pics of the corals on my thread. If you are interested in something specific from the pics, let me know and I will try to give you some guidance, especially if I no longer have the coral. There are colonies (ie. like the ones we buy at BRK) and there are frags.

Wow I hate seeing people getting out of the hobby but I am happy for you. It sounds as if you have a full life.

I would only go to Dans place if you want to be boored and eat good food. If you want to have lots of fun trying to make a tank look like yours did, or Dans does, just come to my place and I will put you to work. Even though I have never met you or seen your tank in person I have enjoyed following your thread. It has been an education for me. Good luck with your restaurant.

Guest Bemmer

Jason,

I put you second on the list for Yashia gobies.

R-

(edited)

Rebecca, sorry to hear you're leaving the hobby temporarily, but I'm glad it's not a forced decision and it's one you're happy with.

please put me down for:

ORA Yellow stripped Neons( pair) $55.00

Fairy Wrasse $35.00

please let me know if they're still avail. thanks, David

Edited by davidm

PM sent on the peppermint shrimp.

Thanks.

James

If none had made claim, I would take the blood red, and two cleaner shrimp.

Let me know

Scott

Rebecca,

Killing me to see you break this TEMPLE of SW Tanks down!

If not called for, I would like to get (4) of the Blue-Lined Cardinalfish (eight) $75.00 ($10.00/each) $40.

BUT, I won't have time to get them until during the week evening next week. If you have to get rid of them sooner, go ahead, just let me know after the weekend?

Thanks!

Guest Bemmer

Okay,

I think the first page is updated on the fish. I will do my best to come up with some kind of list on the corals, including zoathids. However, I would rather have folks pick their corals, purchase and take them home during the open house. There will be corals and frags that I don't know the names of that will not be listed. So, it will be in your best interest to stop by.