Tunze Care Magnet

madweazl

That mans face and voice annoys me. Lol.

Ya theirs another one flip something. One side is velcrow like a reg mag cleaner and you take the outside end off it flips now you got a blade for scraping.

Ive been using the algae free magnet cleaner for a while but saw this few weeks ago and wanted to try it out. Might make getting closer to sand easier but not sure if I would still just use razor blade by hand by sand bed or not even with the tunze saying it would catch as much sand. 

That mans face and voice annoys me. Lol.

Ya theirs another one flip something. One side is velcrow like a reg mag cleaner and you take the outside end off it flips now you got a blade for scraping.

its called the Flipper but think the tunze is better. Ive heard a lot of mixed reviews for the flipper.

It reminds me a little of the old Easy Blade scraper that you glued onto the back of a magfloat. Unlike that old model, this one kind of "floats" on the blade surfaces which should increase the PSI at the blade tip. Still, the old Easy Blade was only a $10 or $11 addition to your magfloat and it easily stripped off coraline and algae from glass panels. . 

I like the flipper, not because of the flip, which I can never get to work right, but because it is about half the thickness of my magfloat with blade glued on.  

I have corals growing right up to the glass, so the closer I can get to an infinitely thin magnet scraper the better.

I like the tunze a lot but much prefer the flipper. I still mess up the "flip" every now an then but its a solid product. I also have the algae free which I should probably post in the FS section because it just sits off to the side. I make sure to store all of my glass cleaners out of the tank in between uses to ensure nothing gets on the pads that could scratch the glass.

I use this now. Works great on 1/2"-3/4" glass tanks. It's. $70 on Amazon but so worth it

http://m.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=24103

I clean frequently enough that I dont need the blade for coralline but it I would love something that would let me get below the sand line for that last 1/4-1/2" of algae. Does this work for that? I have a MagFloat that has the mounts for the attachment.

I have the flipper. Meh. I also have an algae free but it's too big for my current tank. What I have been using lately is a Vertex glass cleaner. Nice and thin since I have corals all the way to the glass. I clean frequently enough that the Velcro material is good enough no need for a scraper.

Keeping my back glass clean is the hardest part. No real good way to do but to go arms in.

I have the flipper. Meh. I also have an algae free but it's too big for my current tank. What I have been using lately is a Vertex glass cleaner. Nice and thin since I have corals all the way to the glass. I clean frequently enough that the Velcro material is good enough no need for a scraper.

Keeping my back glass clean is the hardest part. No real good way to do but to go arms in.

I can do a portion of mine with the MagFloat but the plumbing makes it impossible to do it all so the rest is done with a traditional scrubber.

Great information in this thread. I've not bought an algae cleaner in probably 7 years. The last time that I did, it was a Mighty Magnet for my old acrylic 180. Hearing what you all like today is great information.

I have one. Not that impressed with it especially for the cost.

Same here! One would expect more on it's brand. 

To be fair, it doing a decent job on the stubborn algae. But the the design is awful if you have a large tank. Imagine yourself holding a tiny brush to scrub algae. The handle is so small, my fingers locked-up after a long period of scrapping. Also, I have the "long" scrapper and magnet is not really strong for the 1/2" glass.