MACNA 2015- Time to Sign Up and Volunteer!

DaveS

WOW!

What just happened?!

I want to give a little shout out to everybody that volunteered. Each and every single one of you were absolutely amazing! The drives that you all had, the parking, the metro, the late nights, the early mornings. We couldn't have done this show without you, and I'm in awe of the amount of time you all gave the club, so a HUGE thank you to everybody that gave a little bit, or all of your time over this past week. I hope it was rewarding, and everybody got at least one thing special!

Now if anybody needs me, I'll be sleeping till next week.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Totally enjoyed the show.

Really impressed with all the work our officers did to organize everything.  I was very happy to volunteer and help out a bit. Thanks also to all those who also helped out.

I had a very enjoyable time. Pack out was long and my feet still hurt. So much stuff left after vendors left. I don't know how much dirty smelly salt water I had splashed or dripped. Not to mention the hose spray from helping water removal.

I still have that smell of wet twizzlers haunting me.

Thank you for the help and friendships made.

-Larry Johnson

Thank you WAMAS for bringing us this awesome event. I had a great time volunteering and taking in the show!!

San Diego will have to work hard to top this. 

It was my first MACNA and I had so much fun, so thank you WAMAS for bringing this event here. I was really impressed with all the planning that was done in advance by the officers which really helped all of us who were volunteering. I got to meet and talk to so many WAMAS members and that made volunteering all the more fun. Thanks to everyone who helped out. 

I wasn't able to attend all the speaker sessions but I thoroughly enjoyed the ones I attended. There were lot of coral vendors and they all got some great pieces for attendees, needless to say I spent way too much just like everyone else. Looking forward to MACNA San Diego and time to rearrange few things my tank so I can find place for the corals bought at MACNA.

-Dip

I see you talking to Justin on the escalator, so why were you not listening to Copps?   :tongue:

Too funny! We just left John's talk. Justin was front row, and I was in the back row.

It's great to see how much everyone enjoyed the show. One of the main reasons for holding the show here was so that all our members could get a chance to experience it. Many people can't justify spending ~$1500+ between airfare, hotel, etc. to travel to one. By having it local it gave over 150 WAMAS members that experience. Personally, that's what made the show fun for me.

It's great to see how much everyone enjoyed the show. One of the main reasons for holding the show here was so that all our members could get a chance to experience it. Many people can't justify spending ~$1500+ between airfare, hotel, etc. to travel to one. By having it local it gave over 150 WAMAS members that experience. Personally, that's what made the show fun for me.

I spent my travel money on frags!! Worked out well

Where did you guys get the raffle ticket blanks from? I want to do the same thing for MAMAX this year. I'd like to order some this week but can't find the ones with 25 small spaces for numbers like you guys did. Great job everyone!

Our raffle tickets came 25 to a sheet. But it was worldwideticketcraft that sourced them for us.

Those tickets were brilliant, much better than having 200+ stubs to keep track of.

I didn't have any luck with the raffle either, but that's why they were "opportunity tickets." 

It was nice just to meet some club members who are usually to far away to meet up, and make some new friends. 

I won a couple of things.  I won the 32 gallon CoralVue tank set up, a couple of the Marineland Canister filters and a heater.  I desperately needed those things so I was happy.  The fish tank is going in my office.  I was able to get one those Maxspect lights so this new set up will look great!

It really was a great experience.  I wish I had the bandwidth to volunteer for it - but was thankful I was able to attend.  It really was a blast.

I also appreciated the raffle tickets.  It made it much easier to keep track of.  It was funny thinking that with 125 tickets "surely I will win something" and then walking into where they were calling out numbers and seeing everyone's tickets spread out like playing cards in their hands.  Thoughts quickly went to "We don't stand a chance".  My 6 year old was super bummed that she didn't win the biocube.  Winning the 200 made up for it for me but not her!  Go figure.

I doubt I will be in San Diego next year but would be willing to make the drive to the next east coast event thanks to the great experience this year!

You should let her have the 200g. That will make her happy!

It really was a great experience.  I wish I had the bandwidth to volunteer for it - but was thankful I was able to attend.  It really was a blast.

I also appreciated the raffle tickets.  It made it much easier to keep track of.  It was funny thinking that with 125 tickets "surely I will win something" and then walking into where they were calling out numbers and seeing everyone's tickets spread out like playing cards in their hands.  Thoughts quickly went to "We don't stand a chance".  My 6 year old was super bummed that she didn't win the biocube.  Winning the 200 made up for it for me but not her!  Go figure.

I doubt I will be in San Diego next year but would be willing to make the drive to the next east coast event thanks to the great experience this year!