MACNA 2015- Time to Sign Up and Volunteer!

DaveS

We're gonna email all-y'all. That's what we're gonna do.  :laugh:

Look for some incentives to be posted soon.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm willing to help out before and after each day. I paid and want to enjoy one of these event as I'm always working it, but would be willing to help early morning or late at night. As you know I have done MAMAX for 3 years now and I have done design and tech conferences. I've done all the recruiting for vendors and sponsors, worked with speakers, delt with equipment rental, power structure, do our own website programing, shirt design ... I do 100% of it. I filled out the survey, let me know.

As mentioned before, we have come up with a volunteer reward schedule for people that volunteer.  This schedule is provided below.  Please keep in mind that this isn't meant to be a form of payment for helping as you could put significantly more in your pocket by working a minimum wage job.  This is really just a way for the club to to express appreciation and thank those who help to make the event feasible.

post-1638-0-59316000-1434298192_thumb.png

Looking forward to helping out.   There was no place for additional comments on the survey but I have an another volunteer that is not a member.  We would want to volunteer for the same times though. 

Looking forward to helping out.   There was no place for additional comments on the survey but I have an another volunteer that is not a member.  We would want to volunteer for the same times though. 

What I did for my Dad is I put my screen name and made a note ("Squishie89- Her father") something like that. Hopefully they aren't mad I did that =P

What I did for my Dad is I put my screen name and made a note ("Squishie89- Her father") something like that. Hopefully they aren't mad I did that =P

Yes, it's great to get volunteers who aren't even members!  Just make a note under screen name and we will figure it out.  We are up to 25 responses, about 18 of which are good. 

Remember, if you don't select times and roles, we may be limited in how we can use your help!

Thanks.

Finally just took the time to fill out me & pez lol.  Thursday is out for us (Redskins game) but always here to help otherwise.  Also if we need extra hands let me know as we have my parents who are retired and enjoy helping out.

Thanks for the additional responses everyone- especially to the out of towners who are visiting for MACNA.  Very generous to donate part of your vacation to help out!

We have a number of survey responses but some don't provide times or roles.  Looking over the responses briefly, I would say we have about 25 people volunteering for multiple shifts.  While we will take all the help we can get, having people help for multiple shifts is really what we are hoping for as that reduces training needs and confusion of tasks. 

I would estimate that we have about 1/3 of the staffing that we need.  Factoring in that some volunteers, however well intentioned, may not show up or stay as long as indicated, we may really be at 1/4 of what we need.  Keep the signups coming!  We will start to work on a preliminary schedule soon to see how we are doing on help.

Finally just took the time to fill out me & pez lol.  Thursday is out for us (Redskins game) but always here to help otherwise.  Also if we need extra hands let me know as we have my parents who are retired and enjoy helping out.

Yes, extra hands would be great.  You can just fill the surveys out for your parents and indicate they are your parents in the field for scree name.  No promises but we can try to schedule things so your shifts line up if you want.

If our situation changes and we are able to volunteer more time that originally indicated on the survey, should we fill out the survey again?

Which two days does it look like help will be needed most on right now? 

Being a complete newbie who's never been to one before, I'd like the chance to spend at least one day as an attendee. I'll be happy to serve as a volunteer for the other two.  Just let me know which two days you're most short-handed on and I'll select them when I fill out the survey.

If our situation changes and we are able to volunteer more time that originally indicated on the survey, should we fill out the survey again?

Yes, that is a fine way to increase your availability. 

Which two days does it look like help will be needed most on right now? 

Being a complete newbie who's never been to one before, I'd like the chance to spend at least one day as an attendee. I'll be happy to serve as a volunteer for the other two.  Just let me know which two days you're most short-handed on and I'll select them when I fill out the survey.

Right now we only have about 1/3rd the needed staffing so we are short on ALL the days. :wacko:

Hopefully that will change and we can do as you ask.  I would just fill out the survey and indicate which times you are willing to offer.  There are a couple of places to enter free form notes so you can indicate any requests in the free form area.  We will try our best to honor the request and make everyone happy.

Thanks all!

Here's the volunteer compensation / reward schedule again. If you can give a few hours to the MACNA project, please do so. We really need your help.

Get a T-shirt, get raffle tickets, get a free year of WAMAS membership, get reimbursed for a conference pass... just volunteer.

Take the volunteer survey.

gallery_2631296_685_35952.jpg

YHSublime, I signed up for two workdays and a weekend, don't care which two workdays you choose. Let me know in advance. Thx

Roscoe

Im confused. I thought the conference was just  the weekend, but the entire week is listed on the survey. Are those days for pre-conference prep?

Yes, Forrest. Activity starts on Tuesday as bags are stuffed and 2/3 of the exhibition hall is set up with pipe and drape. On Wednesday, the last third of the hall is set up and about half of the exhibitors will move in. The final half of the exhibitors move in on Thursday. Then, the conference goes Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Sunday is also the day that the exhibition hall must be broken down and vacated.

I just filled out my survey.  I am interested in volunteering anywhere but IT.  I have already requested off work for the weekend!  

Thanks,

Jennifer Turner