Giant Clam FS in VA via Reef2Reef

Squishie89

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/selling-forum-livestock/195381-fs-rare-huge-blue-gigas-clam-va.html

I decided to take a look and I felt like I recognized that tank and it is indeed the same DDiver we have on here (who has not been on since November) and his tank at his restaurant.

Edited by Squishie89

Man just was over there getti ng a delicious lunch with the family and saw it.....what a nice clam...got there ar lunch time and the clam wasn't fully opened...when the appitizrs got there the tanks lights came on....daughter stopped me and pointed so we got up an just watched it open full ...very happy and healthy

only wish I had a 30in wide tank or something long enough

..probably wouldn't need a skimmer

Also the food was Very good

I saw it in person the other day while picking up some delicious Thai. That thing is no joke, you would easily need a 150gal Rubbermaid tub to move it!!!

Edited by Fazio92

I saw it in person the other day while picking up some delicious Thai. 

It's getting close to lunchtime. I think that I'll head over and visit Billy at the restaurant. It's been way too long.

What's this restaurant you guys speak of?

It is in the same shopping center as Home Depot. Great food.!

Ill have to check it out. I do love me some Thai food. Maybe they can make it spicy enough for me? lol

So how big was this clam 2 years ago? I assume he is just shutting down the tank not closing? I got to get down there.

He didn't yet have it 2 years ago. He drove to Chicago to get this one.

The food is great!

6812812d8152d4dd5e0e98afc1b660ea.jpg

Sent from my phone

Mmmmm, I love Thai. I wonder if you meet his asking price he'll cook the clam into a Thai dish?

I think it's a little too tall....length barely. ..width? Maybe but when fully open its pretty big....height therr is no way

Also I'd be afraid if it go scared spraying all the water on the ceiling

I think you would need a 30 x 30 x 24 just to keep the clam.......just the clam, it is huge.