Tank2015-30.jpg

Tank2015-36.jpg

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stunning tank. Cool videos. How are you doing with the 30" height?

Thanks. Its challenging when I have to grab something from the back of the tank. I knew it was going to be challenging when we were planning but I needed the additional water volume and I couldn't go wide or long based on the location of the tank so tall it was :).

I attached all my corals (mainly LPS which I would never remove) on the back side before I had the cabinet built so I had plenty of room to move around.

• 5 weeks later...

For the first time in 2 years I see my Bangaii Cardinal babies. In the past I have seen the male holding them in his mouth but then there would be nothing next day. Pretty excited about this

post-2632650-142453782716_thumb.jpg

BTW, Dip, I'm fairly confident we are neighbors, I'm in "The Lofts" across from "The Lotus." I remember you being right around there. 

BTW, Dip, I'm fairly confident we are neighbors, I'm in "The Lofts" across from "The Lotus." I remember you being right around there. 

Well not right around but about 2 miles away :). I am near the Vienna metro but anyways ...welcome to the neighborhood : :cheers:

congrats dip - that's awesome bud!

Thanks Marco!

Very cool! How big are they? How many are there? Are any of your other fish bugging them?

I think they are around 1/4". I have 9 of them...and no fish seem to bother them while they were in the tank. I have now moved 8 of them to a separate acclimation box and there is one still hanging out in the back of the tank.

That whole area is becoming super nice.  I used to live in a condo right across the street from the new Halstead buildings and moved out right before all the new restaurants and retail shops popped up.  I kind of wish I still lived there.

Dip, love the tank.  Do you remember what kind of sand you used?  It appears to be a larger grain sand or even a crushed coral?  I have a very fine sand and wished I went with something a little bigger like yours.

That whole area is becoming super nice.  I used to live in a condo right across the street from the new Halstead buildings and moved out right before all the new restaurants and retail shops popped up.  I kind of wish I still lived there.

Dip, love the tank.  Do you remember what kind of sand you used?  It appears to be a larger grain sand or even a crushed coral?  I have a very fine sand and wished I went with something a little bigger like yours.

I used Tropic Eden Reef flakes. Its not very fine but its not like crushed coral either.

• 5 months later...

long over due update. Here are some pictures taken in July

July2015-3.jpg

July2015-11.jpg

July2015-7.jpg

July2015-14.jpg

July2015-43.jpg

July2015-44.jpg

One of the Bangaii Cardinal babies from my second batch of babies. They are 2 months old now

July2015-62.jpg

• 5 months later...

Looks like I only update this thread once every six month so here is a half yearly picture update. Everything is doing good. I added 5 new fish  since my last update which I got from ORA at MACNA. All the original fish and the new fish are doing great. My bangaii cardinals, clowns and dottybacks seem to be always laying eggs. For some reason my female Hawaiian flame wrasse turned male too so now I have two beautiful male hawaiian flame wrasses.

Corals are growing and I only realized how much they have grown when I saw the FTS from a year ago and compared it with one I took 2 weeks ago. Some corals growing are faster than others but I can't complain. I have finally run out of space to put any new pieces which I didn't think would happen so fast. Especially since I did a huge upgrade by going from 36g to 200g.

Here is the FTS from two weeks ago

Jan2016-108.jpg

Side shot

Jan2016-112.jpg

Jan2016-103.jpg

Jan2016-86.jpg

Jan2016-82.jpg

My 4yr old clowns

Jan2016-78.jpg

Jan2016-98.jpg

Jan2016-76.jpg

Jan2016-64.jpg