Here we go! Chuck's new build

flooddc

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

had to show this one :)

This boy is hilarious. He'd fall asleep anywhere. he was playing with the chair's legs and all the suddenly, knocked out! 

Sleeping wherever

Edited by flooddc

had to show this one
This boy is hilarious. He'd fall asleep anywhere. he was playing with the chair's legs and all the suddenly, knocked out! 
51050008893_42bd6e78a2_b.jpg

Not a huge cat fan, but I feel a deep connection with this one

11 hours ago, YHSublime said:

Not a huge cat fan, but I feel a deep connection with this one emoji38.png

I was never a cat person, but now ended up with 4. They were supposedly intended as barn/shed cats to control field mice from my property, but now house cats and 8 meals/day + clean up nightly chores. Can't win with the wife and kids. ;). But they are cute!

14 minutes ago, tpallas said:

That looks incredible! Love the sway.

Thanks

• 8 months later...
(edited)

Hello :fish:

It has been quite a while. Browsing around but not much activity.

Anyway, has a bumpy road in the last 2 years. Finally was able to take procession of my rental property back a few weeks ago. Now working with insurance (a pain) to get the house back together. Not getting into detail, but non payment for 2 years and great deal of damages to property!

well, tanks has some set back but I was able to continue the hobby nonetheless.

Currently battling green cyano. I replaced my rodi filters and has been keeping up with water changes and appears to have improved a bit. I am thinking of selling off some of the corals to simplify my tanks.

overall, I think I handled everything well so far.:biggrin:

Tanks 12/2021 Tanks 12/2021 Tanks 12/2021

Edited by flooddc

• 3 months later...

Well! Finally getting some breathing space back. After many months of repairs and it now on the market.

as for my reef tanks, I took a chance with chemiclean several months ago and got rid of the green cyano algae. only one torch colony and purple sponge was affected. I supposed they like algae water! 

The darn heliopora (aka blue coral) is taking over and suffocating any corals on it's path. I guess, a partial or total breakdown is needed to get rid if it. Or perhaps, let it be and have a tank of fish/heliopra only tank :laugh:

Here is the recent photos of my tank after water change and cleaned.

Tanks 4-1-2022 Tanks 4-1-2022 Tanks 4-1-2022

Glad to see everything still running, and you've had a chance to work with it! 

17 minutes ago, YHSublime said:

Glad to see everything still running, and you've had a chance to work with it! 

:thumbsup:. Thanks 

Sorry about your rental property issues... It certainly sounds trying and it's a reminder how hard "passive" investing can be at times!  Your tank looks great!  Would love to see some close ups when you get time.  Are there some clowns in "jail" in one pic? 

2 hours ago, roni said:

Sorry about your rental property issues... It certainly sounds trying and it's a reminder how hard "passive" investing can be at times!  Your tank looks great!  Would love to see some close ups when you get time.  Are there some clowns in "jail" in one pic? 

Thanks! lesson learned with rental property especially in Montgomery county, MD. Was originally planned to downgrade to the rental property once retired, but things took for the worst.  Will definitely never rent again for sure. 

The pair of clownfish in the cage belongs to the a friend on WAMAS that recently moved. I am holding them until he get his tank backup.

On 3/18/2021 at 9:18 PM, flooddc said:

had to show this one :)

Sleeping wherever

what a cutie. If my husband wasn't so anti-cat, I would prob end up with 10. 

Sorry to hear about your rental situation. That was our worst nightmare when we had a rental. We ended up selling it last year while the price was high. It's a lot of pressure off our shoulder. 

1 hour ago, lynn.reef.nerd said:

what a cutie. If my husband wasn't so anti-cat, I would prob end up with 10. 

Sorry to hear about your rental situation. That was our worst nightmare when we had a rental. We ended up selling it last year while the price was high. It's a lot of pressure off our shoulder. 

Thanks Lynn!

My 11+ year old sixline wrasse has something on its mouth for the past year or so. I think he got bucked teeth. Still eating well. 

i went into ky YouTube and dig out my very first post of the reef tank. Can’t believe it coming up it its 10 years. Some of the fish and corals are still in my current tank.

• 1 month later...

Since the heliopora  has been growing out of control and suffocating corals, I  have been thinking about doing an upgrade and get rid of the heliopora all together. So I have sold off some of my euphylia colonies in prep for the upgrade. My original plan was to get two 5 footer tanks to put in place of my 210 and 100 nems tank. After many back and forth thought, I decided not to proceed with the upgrade since it going to take a lot of time and hard labor.

My new plan is to attack the heliopora issues one section at a time.

I had some spare time tonight and dive right in.

Heliopora Heliopora Heliopora

I removed some colonies into my sump and attack the heliopora. Pull some rocks along with it and trimmed as much as I could. Got a basket full of heliopora just from one section of the tank.
Looking promising this far. Will have to move to the next section when I get a chance. Will update my progress. Thanks for reading ?.