Here we go! Chuck's new build

flooddc

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you do when they spawn and eggs hatch?

I don't know. I don't think there are any tank breed six-line yet.

These pair has been mating since 2014. I am guessing the female just shot the eggs out and all will be eaten by other fish. I have yet seen it. Maybe one day I am luck enough to witness it.

http://wamas.org/forums/topic/63983-sixline-wrasse-paring/

Very cool! Things are looking good, despite the recent unfortunate events!

Very nice. Glad to see everything is going well in the tank again.

Very cool! Things are looking good, despite the recent unfortunate events!

Thanks 

Yes, they are pressure treated. Are we not suppose to use pressure treated? 

PS. I have also painted it with dry-lok 

If water gets on the pressure treated lumber and then drips into your system, you'll have lots of problems.  There are some really nasty chemicals in treated lumber.  

It might be handled by paint, but that isn't the best solution.  Treated lumber is usually yellow pine, and for a while it still exudes sap which will shed along with the paint.  

The best treatment  I know is with vinyl.  You can buy rolls of vinyl just like rolls of aluminum.  They are usually 10-12" wide and 50 feet long.  You can also bend the vinyl just like aluminum with a brake.  If you clad the treated lumber with vinyl everywhere it is over water, you'll be OK.  Best yet if you slope the vinyl cladding so any water on it travels out of harms way before dripping.

If water gets on the pressure treated lumber and then drips into your system, you'll have lots of problems.  There are some really nasty chemicals in treated lumber.  

It might be handled by paint, but that isn't the best solution.  Treated lumber is usually yellow pine, and for a while it still exudes sap which will shed along with the paint.  

The best treatment  I know is with vinyl.  You can buy rolls of vinyl just like rolls of aluminum.  They are usually 10-12" wide and 50 feet long.  You can also bend the vinyl just like aluminum with a brake.  If you clad the treated lumber with vinyl everywhere it is over water, you'll be OK.  Best yet if you slope the vinyl cladding so any water on it travels out of harms way before dripping.

Thanks! I'll look into it.

(edited)

Picked up the B/W from a member almost 2 weeks ago. he's a bit skinny (will fatten him up). Well, he is going to be a she in a near future as I also picked up a baby snowflake a week prior  :happy:. Observed the little guy for about 2 weeks and looking very well. So he went into the display with the B/W. They bonded within the same day.

Edited by flooddc

• 2 weeks later...
Nems are looking much more colorful during the first half hour after light turned on. too bad they don't look that way through out the day.

803729E0-E2A0-415D-AD7A-89ABF0CAC855_zps

Nice looking nems you got there. I always forget you've got a few gems tucked away. The ones in my nano are all "exotic" in their coloring, one way or another, but once they open up they are not as bright through the day. It's when they are pinched after sleeping they exhibit the best coloring.

Nice

Thanks 

Nice looking nems you got there. I always forget you've got a few gems tucked away. The ones in my nano are all "exotic" in their coloring, one way or another, but once they open up they are not as bright through the day. It's when they are pinched after sleeping they exhibit the best coloring.

Thanks,

Several years back I got sucked into one of those moment that you wanted something so bad (can't remember the phrase). I was searching for high ended nems and I let the "marketing words" (e.g., ultra, rainbow, inferno, rare, exotic, toxic) get the best of me. Got burned a little bit but snapped out of it. Anyway, I was able to obtained 2 nems from local member/vendor and turned out pretty good without the craziness. 

ahh! it"s "hyped-up"  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

(edited)

After the setback a few months ago, I setup an observation tank for newly acquired fish and restocked my fish # to it's original #. I loss 9 and replaced with 9.

Beside the B/W clownfish (WAMAS member), snowflake (petco), PJ cardinal (petsolutions), green chromis (local CL),

here are videos of the new residents settled in last week.

Blue Fiji devil damsel (Petco). Don't know who gave it the bad rep. but it just a beautiful fish. very well behaved citizen so far.

Bi-color blenny (Petsolutions)

Canary blenny (Petsolutions)

Yellow tang (Petsolutions). This one is hilarious, I named it "wave rider" see for yourself!

Engineer goby (local CL)

Edited by flooddc

• 2 weeks later...

Are all your nems on seperate rocks? Have you noticed they don't like being on the same rock? Maybe it's just my nems being weirdos.

3 or more are on the same rock. They move around a bit but not very far.

Chuck, you have an interesting list of stuff going. I want to come see your new arrangement at some point.

Chuck, you have an interesting list of stuff going. I want to come see your new arrangement at some point.

Anytime Alan!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...