Here we go! Chuck's new build

flooddc

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulled another late night and got all the live stock from the nem tank.

Tried to take some photos but they don't come out good. Will post pics when the nems opened.

Will have to setup my skimmer, ato, kalk and reef keeper tomorrow night. Looks messy though, hopefully I can figure out how to put them back together.

(edited)

Everything appears happy after the tank transfer. 1 fatality (the purple lobster was pinned between the rock, RIP! I feed its meat to the fish so nothing go to waste  :happy:).

Cube: anemone dominant tank (7 BTA and one rock nem)

A3101AE5-CB8C-47AC-86D9-D3168A3BBA7F_zps

210 left side:

80C8D22D-9485-4E47-985B-1B97FE4006D9_zps

210 right side:

07F35F1D-305E-45F0-9DA2-ED0A00F6DC32_zps

While the live stock move was a success, I would never do it again!

So after all this craziness, I am taking a short break!

When I get back, I'll continue my project.

- building a light hanging bracket.

- build removable front bottom panel(s).

- build front top access door or panels.

- insulate the fish room

- set up rodi station.

- fish related storage

- insulate the whole basement and install drywall one side of the basement and clean up. Will have to take my time on finishing the basement.

OMG! so much things to do. Well at least I have my tanks to enjoy a few minutes each day  :cool:

Edited by flooddc

Looks great! Now you can breath for a bit. I know it's gotta be relaxing.

Looks great! Now you can breath for a bit. I know it's gotta be relaxing.

yeah! time to get a massage!

One little problem! I ended up with an extra pair of clownfish. Had 3 tanks before and 7 clownfish (2 pairs percula, 1 pair ORA tomato and 1 fire clown). I can keep the fire clown with one of the percula pair but the tomato pair would be very risky. I am keep the tomato pair in the sump right now. either sell them or have to set up another tank for them.   

Great job! that is a lot of work and amazing you only lost one lobster. I am not sure, but do you need to watch your parameters a little more closely in case of a Nitrite spike with the move and shake up?

Great job! that is a lot of work and amazing you only lost one lobster. I am not sure, but do you need to watch your parameters a little more closely in case of a Nitrite spike with the move and shake up?

Thanks!

I haven't test my parametets! But I think it should be fine since did over 200 gallons water changes within a week time. Also, I did not take any old sand and LR were pulled without much disturb. Hopefully will be okay while I am away.

• 2 weeks later...
Got back from spring break last weekend!

Brutal drive back from siesta key. A supposedly 14 hours took 21 hours in traffic!!!    

Before the vacation, I set up a second ATO to kick in when the first ATO depleted since I have yet moved my ato reservoir from the old location. Turned out the 2nd ato pump failed at half way. So my sump is a bit low, but not too bad. Loss a blue/purple tort  :sad:

I build a light hanger from pallet wood that I got from the delivery and got all 7 of my lights up and tidy up the cords.

F2CAFCB7-F002-462F-85A3-032D01ABF7EB_zps

If all you lost was a tort, I'd say you're doing OK. Best laid plans of mice and men...

If all you lost was a tort, I'd say you're doing OK. Best laid plans of mice and men...

Yup!

almost forgot. My 2 ORA tomatoes clowns somehow escaped my holding container and into the 210 while I was out. I originally planned to sell them when I get back, but now they are in with the 2 perculas adn 1 fire clown. Seem to be okay, no killing of each other yet. Hopefully will live in harmony!

Forgot to bring the frozen food for the fish so I whipped up some sea food.

I called it fish sausage! haha

didn't have all the ingredients I like but good enough to get by!

(Salmon, smelts, fish eggs, cyclop eeze, bloodworm) 

080A1EE4-0582-47C1-957F-A919719B05C0_zps

(edited)

Pic with the 7 led lights turned on.

91DF2FAA-8214-4E0F-81C3-8760EB56BFDB_zps

Baby RBTA or maybe an old rbta that disappeared many months ago prior to the move.

D608F207-41EF-4D54-9231-2F4F7E2EF658_zps

Edited by flooddc

It really is all coming together! You've got a lot of stuff in there, sir!

It really is all coming together! You've got a lot of stuff in there, sir!

I know! I got rid a few lager colonies prior but for some reason still have plenty and was running out of room since I was not able to make to rock work as I envisioned. I also realized, I am missing a couple small colonies. Possibly, fell into the crevices some where in the tank.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, got a few stuffs done on the list.

- building a light hanging bracket

- build removable front bottom panel(s).

- build front top access door or panels.

- insulate the fish room

- set up rodi station.

- fish related storage <<<------- Got some storage shelving, but still have ton of stuffs laying around!! WHY???? :blink: 

- insulate the whole basement and install drywall one side of the basement and clean up. Will have to take my time on finishing the basement.

• 2 weeks later...

Just did my first water change on the system today. 

Took 30 minutes, but I am looking into ways to knocked it down to 15 minutes.

here are some photos after the water change.

93 cube 

93-nem_zpsiombzfi3.jpg

210: left side

210-left_zpscnpbtavr.jpg

center

210-center_zpsautjt6bs.jpg

right

210-right_zpsxmuo6xby.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ahhhh! there go my sps blue green acro colony!!! seem to happen to a colony once a year. Last year, this colony rtn but recovered. Looks like this time it's a goner! 

:angry:  :angry:

CF18DF30-D1FD-482A-9B81-98247A2BDC39_zps

CE9A0BDE-B6AD-4DB0-A570-77F576870003_zps

Everything else looks good. Are you going to frag a piece or two to try and save it?

Everything else looks good. Are you going to frag a piece or two to try and save it?

Nah! I am not going to try to frag it. I had tried unsuccessfully many time when my other colony rtn. fortunately, i still have the mini colony and a few frags ;)

I think I figured out why I get rtn once a while. I been using one of those alk tester that has 3 colors chart. High, normal and low. I have always got "normal" but I think it's might be on the border. Recently, I discovered that I have another alk tester in my box and test result yield that my alk is around 6.5 dkh. So I believed my rtn's caused by alk swing. Over the past week I raised alk to around 8. Looks like my kalwasser could not keep up with the demand. Will have to do supplement manual dose until I figure out how to adjust the kalwasser.