ADHI sump

Avast CS3 Skimmer with super locker

ATI HO 8x80 lights: x2 Coral Plus x6 Blue Plus

1ef09c71679659b916015d15b1c6527f.jpg

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dig it, so how is that thing plumbed exactly?

Bean Animal in the external box, skimmer is super loud with the x2 psk1000's. That and the MP40's are all you can hear. Drilled a 3/4 on the back left with 2 channels of lock line for return. 3 pipes to the drain area, emergency, full, and open standpipe. One 3/4 from the return.

You know if ERC is going to make those overflow boxes available more generally?  It's really nice, and exactly what I want for my future build.

You know if ERC is going to make those overflow boxes available more generally? It's really nice, and exactly what I want for my future build.

Marcos spent a lot of time making sure everything was exactly how I wanted it, which is tough, because I didn't know. The cool thing about it (everything) but super cool thing about it, is that the internal butts up to the top of my eurobrace. Unless it gets through the weirs, nothing is getting in there.

I can't speak to the availability if these, this is custom, and held together with x3 1.5" bulkheads. It sits 4' wide internal and external, and at least 1' deep, I'd estimate 10 gallons in the external!

Looks great! Love the Bean animal overflows. Did you feed your skimmer off one of the drain lines?

Thanks! Still need to scape, hang the light, glue coral, hook up apex, cable mgmt, ATO, pretty much everything.

I did not feed the skimmer from the drain, plumbing is temporary, as is the sump. I think I am going to go aquabox, maybe for Xmas.

Nice! You are going to love the extra room you have underneath thanks to that sweet metal stand.

Tony did an awesome job, it's really great.

Following

Thanks! Looking forward to trying to get close to yours!

Nice Isaac, you staying BB?

Undecided at the moment... What do you think?! I like knowing that everything will be super clean, but I think sand is more natural, plus I will have done sand dwelling wrasse most likely. I could change my plans...

Following along...

I named the overflow a couple nights ago a "Colorado to Kentucky" ....not quite Coast to Coast :laugh:

Great job on moving everything, So you had mentioned possibly staying with the bare bottom? Any decisions?

Since you said you are planning on keeping all your zoas, it would look kinda cool if you were able to glue the zoas directly to the bottom so they did not have a "bump" with the frag plug or tile. Space them out on a grid and grow some zoa grass!

I love sand, and sand sleeping wrasses, too much to ever consider going bare bottom. I know it's got to be great for keeping detritus out, but it just doesn't look like a part of the reef, to me.

Undecided at the moment... What do you think?! I like knowing that everything will be super clean, but I think sand is more natural, plus I will have done sand dwelling wrasse most likely. I could change my plans...

Glue a 1.5" talk piece of black acrylic front to back below the Tonga branch overhang (as you said-your wasted space), then keep sand on the bottom on the right, and bare bottom on the left.  The Yin & Yang of tank bottoms! You have balanced out your needs!

Make sure it is 1/3 the distance from the right side for architectural balance.

Although I do think that zoa carpet would look mighty cool! Although it may get loaded up with detritus as well.

YIn yang sounds fun too. I'd never have the patients for it though hha

Although I do think that zoa carpet would look mighty cool! Although it may get loaded up with detritus as well.

YIn yang sounds fun too. I'd never have the patients for it though hha

Wouldn't the zoas attach to the bottom, then nothing could get under them?

I blow off my zoas all the time to get any detritus out from between them, but I would think that is all there is.

A zoa mat would be nice, but would take a long time! I've already started growing gsp on the back and floor.

A zoa mat would be nice, but would take a long time! I've already started growing gsp on the back and floor.

So you moving again in the next 4-5 years?.....didn't think so. :laugh:

putting a gyre in this?

Think I should!?

So you moving again in the next 4-5 years?.....didn't think so. :laugh:

Yes, plan on 3!

Sand, sand, sand! Three cheers for sand!

I like the way it looks to much, and I love all the little guys that live in it. But in the end your tank is your creation, so I guess there is no 'wrong' choice.

Also, I love your stand! I wish I had gotten saved up for a metal framed stand when I was getting my tank set up. You've got amazing access to everything! Definitely looking forward to watching you get this new tank set up! Also, congrats on the move!

Think I should!?

totes

Bare bottom + gyre = flow for days

Edited by brad908