A cry for help

YHSublime

You are going to wonder why you ever dosed by hand once you have them set up. 

No I wont. I don't dose by hand. I don't dose anything. I do wonder how it will look though once I do start.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I wont. I don't dose by hand. I don't dose anything. I do wonder how it will look though once I do start.

hahaha I always forget you don't dose anything.  I would imagine that you will see even better growth than you already do with the ability to keep everything at a stable level.

So where do you plan to put your new corals at?

Another tank. I hear that Dave Lin has some dry rock. Get the cycle started now while your frag inventory is low.

Another tank. I hear that Dave Lin has some dry rock. Get the cycle started now while your frag inventory is low.

Great thinking! I just will have to be choosy about the rock. I'm contemplating some of those rock frag racks that mount to the back with super strong magnets. I think it would add some really nice dimension.

I started to type something in an attempt to help, but then realized you are probably to far gone to save.  I'll be tagging along to see when you hit rock bottom then tell you "it will be ok."

I started to type something in an attempt to help, but then realized you are probably to far gone to save.  I'll be tagging along to see when you hit rock bottom then tell you "it will be ok."

I marvel at your restraint and ability to be "choosy" with your corals. As long as you promise to be there when things get real dark for me, I'll need that kind of support.

Looking at your back wall, if this is your thing, you could take advantage of it with these; https://www.facebook.com/thealternativereef/photos/pb.683364935061630.-2207520000.1395798556./690566577674799/?type=3&theater He makes ones to go around vortechs! (Some more photos; http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/alternative-reef/120468-colored-powerstation.html)

!!  Those are great.  I'd put one around a tunze for sure and then I'd have room for some more montis.  Would also be fun to have a forest of polyps around the powerheads.

Looking at your back wall, if this is your thing, you could take advantage of it with these; https://www.facebook.com/thealternativereef/photos/pb.683364935061630.-2207520000.1395798556./690566577674799/?type=3&theater He makes ones to go around vortechs! (Some more photos; http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/alternative-reef/120468-colored-powerstation.html)

Woah, that's wicked, thanks for sharing! I was thinking about something more around the lines of this

I, my friend can honestly say I feel your pain. My blood pressure spikes every time I look at my tank and can't find another spot for coral. Although I am making a city run Thursday to do the same idiotic stuff and buy more to shove um mm mm mm somewhere. I'll deal with that once they are here.

I, my friend can honestly say I feel your pain. My blood pressure spikes every time I look at my tank and can't find another spot for coral. Although I am making a city run Thursday to do the same idiotic stuff and buy more to shove um mm mm mm somewhere. I'll deal with that once they are here.

We are in this boat together, except I think you are on the side that is sinking faster ;) just kidding, your tank is looking great!

Start a new tank with a different theme.  It seriously takes the pressure off the main tank. Since I started my zoa tank I've been very focused on that so I've stopped messing with my main tank. It's all about keeping busy doing something else.

+1 "I'll deal with that once they are here" That is exactly what I have been doing. Maybe it is time for me to shop for bigger tank.

Those magnetic reef shelves look awesome.  I have the frag rocks, and the thing I hate about them is that the magnets are not strong enough or not enough of them. It is very easy to dislodge them from the back and then watch as your colony crashes to the bottom in slow motion.... and getting them back up is usually a 2 person job. 

Those magnetic reef shelves look awesome.  I have the frag rocks, and the thing I hate about them is that the magnets are not strong enough or not enough of them. It is very easy to dislodge them from the back and then watch as your colony crashes to the bottom in slow motion.... and getting them back up is usually a 2 person job. 

I wonder how the reef shelves compare to the frag rocks. Thanks for your review on them, I am a huge fan of super strong magnets. That's why I have gotten all my frag racks from black rock reefs. They are super clean and never move once they get placed in my tank.

These look to be using these magnets which are silly strong, and he uses multiple ones:

http://www.algaefree.com/site/sure_grip.html

Much stronger than the aqua-mag ones.

You're talking about that link that squishee shared?

Yo, how is your sps growing so fast? Are you starting off with big pieces? Jank is redick.

Did you see the recent dr macs thread? Oh my..

Wish I knew, I would share the answer. I think the answer is constancy. Just heavy skimming and water changes, lots of LED light.

I saw, I have some nice frags coming in at the meeting!

Waiting for you to go to ZEOvit.

Then your addiction to blue bottles will start.

What results will you guarantee me from zeo that I am not getting now?

What results will you guarantee me from zeo that I am not getting now?

POP Baby POP!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

POP Baby POP!!!

Why would I pay extra for something I get already?

Have you looked at true successful Zeo tanks?

Not saying anything is wrong with your tank at all, just a different look.

Plus, it' is almost Easter. Why not get your tank in the holiday spirit with some pastel SPS?