A cry for help

YHSublime

The title is serious, the content not so much.

But seriously, I have a problem: I am addicted to corals and I'm running out of room.

I just spent the past 3 hours and used two tubes of epoxy mounting everything onto rocks from my frag racks. 4 packs of super glue gel, a water change, and some dirty hands later, I only have a few zoas on one remaining rack.

Maybe there is a step program somewhere out there?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is the next post going to be help my skimmer is going crazy and I don't know why?

wow looks fantastic!!!!!!!!!! pretty full in there

Haha, thanks, Jenn. No, the next post will read: "Why the H-E-double hockey sticks is Jenn always right? I need more rock to mount all the stuff I have coming in from the meeting."

The first step is to ask for help, i'd be glad to come down and take some of those corals off your hands, just so you feel better. :)

The first step is to ask for help, i'd be glad to come down and take some of those corals off your hands, just so you feel better. :)

I know you are "one of us," sir. Don't pretend like you have room either. I'm working on hooking up two part in the next few weeks here, don't see any other way around it.

Well you would either get a bigger tank to have room to grow your corals out. They are live and should be able to grow.

Or keep smaller frags of just your favorite and share the rest with friends and random people on wamas. :)

Haha, thanks, Jenn. No, the next post will read: "Why the H-E-double hockey sticks is Jenn always right? I need more rock to mount all the stuff I have coming in from the meeting."

:cool:

Get a dosing pump. You will not be able to keep everything stable without dosing by hand.

Yes sir, one step ahead of you. I have two calibrated and mounted above my sump, just need to do the math :)

Well you would either get a bigger tank to have room to grow your corals out. They are live and should be able to grow.

Or keep smaller frags of just your favorite and share the rest with friends and random people on wamas. :)

Well, plan is to let everything grow out, and then see what my favorites are. Then will adjust as needed. Or just keep buying zoas to cover in the empty spots... I mean..

I have the same addiction...

My new favorites; photosynthetic gorgonians, rock anemones, and elegances!

Not to mention the ones I still love; zoas and euphyllias!

Edited by smallreef

I have the same addiction...

My new favorites; photosynthetic gorgonians, rock anemones, and elegances!

Not to mention the ones I still love; zoas and euphyllias!

gorgs are new on my list, I love them, and they really bring a natural look into reefs, imo I guess I could swap out one of my RBTA's for an elegance, I do like them!

I have reached the point that I figure out a place for the coral to go before I buy it. If I can't do that, then I don't buy. I know it is hard.

Man that looks awesome! I really like the way everything flows together. I've recently become addicted to acros and quickly running out of space. May have to reference this pic to figure out how to get more space out of my setup.

you already had an elegance didnt you??

Sold it, it was big, and still was blowing all over the tank, sold it. See, I'm talking about getting things and I've got no space. Only have room for zoas, scollys, and fungias. :)

Man that looks awesome! I really like the way everything flows together. I've recently become addicted to acros and quickly running out of space. May have to reference this pic to figure out how to get more space out of my setup.

Thanks! I would not recommend it if you plan to start a problem. I will add pics to my build tomorrow, but there is not a lot if room, it's hard to see from that pic.

I have reached the point that I figure out a place for the coral to go before I buy it. If I can't do that, then I don't buy. I know it is hard.

It's not even hard, it's unheard of! I think I could find justified space all the time. That's a good plan though!

Yes sir, one step ahead of you. I have two calibrated and mounted above my sump, just need to do the math :)

The math is easy with the Apex OSC Calculator 

I believe you have an Apex, correct?

So where do you plan to put your new corals at?

my 20 gallon until I figure out a nice place.

The math is easy with the Apex OSC Calculator 

I believe you have an Apex, correct?

Correct, and thanks for the share! Yeah, it shouldn't be hard, but I also talked about plumbing in the 20 for about 4 months before I did it...

Appreciate the advice. I recently picked up a 120g so it'll be a nice upgrade from my 75. That'll give me a little more space. Just have to find time to make the switch.

You are going to wonder why you ever dosed by hand once you have them set up. 

Looks good. Any pics without the blue actinic? I think it's time for a bigger tank.

Thanks! I think a bigger tank once we get a bigger place. Right now the tank takes up most of it. I don't have a recent picture since I mounted everything off the racks, but here is a picture I took while I was setting up my radions:

IMG_1326_zps4d779b32.jpg

Here is also a half put together video of my reef before I took everything off the racks. I also had a 20 gallon stocked with acros that I added after this as well:

There is also plenty of pictures on my build thread, Two tanks, One room. I will update it tomorrow now that the frag racks are finally taken down!

Appreciate the advice. I recently picked up a 120g so it'll be a nice upgrade from my 75. That'll give me a little more space. Just have to find time to make the switch.

Haha, not much advice given. Congrats on your new 120, that's a nice step up!