A cry for help

YHSublime

Wish I knew, I would share the answer. I think the answer is constancy. Just heavy skimming and water changes, lots of LED light.

I saw, I have some nice frags coming in at the meeting!

Why did you sell you LEDs then.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did you sell you LEDs then.

Do you ask that because you think I'm not being consistent changing my lights?

I switched for more powerful LED's, with more control. Didn't change the concept, just the strength. It just so happens that they come with some bells and whistles that I enjoy. I also decided I was no longer going to do mixed, and head towards SPS/Zoa dominated. That's why.

I will keep you updated with the results I see, if I'm not seeing a positive change, then it will be much cheaper for me to switch back to my old lights. Would you make the switch if you had the opportunity?

Just curious! I wouldn't simply because this hobby is expensive enough lol yea let us know how they do. Although it could be your new dosers giving results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious! I wouldn't simply because this hobby is expensive enough lol yea let us know how they do. Although it could be your new dosers giving results.

Yep, it could be the dosing that yields new results. But keep in mind, I'm not dosing yet. I am preparing, but I have been since November, 2013. This hobby is expensive, that is very true. All to make a world in a box.

Well, for what it's worth, I can't see the limited KZ stuff I am using doing doodlesquat.  I'm not doing the fancy zeo media or the schmancy zeo carbon, but am using 4 different little blue bottles according to their directions.

I am glad I am not the only one with an obsessive personality. As I wait for my tank to stabilize, I have been buying equipment non-stop to satisfy the urge. I can't image the horror once I can buy corals and fishes. We def need a support group setup soon :D

Well, for what it's worth, I can't see the limited KZ stuff I am using doing doodlesquat.  I'm not doing the fancy zeo media or the schmancy zeo carbon, but am using 4 different little blue bottles according to their directions.

You're in it, Alan. This is not a good week for me to be playing around with the tank, lots happening at work. However, once I'm through that patch, I will be checking my params every day and seeing what kind of dosing regime I need to put in place. For now, it's water changes still.

I am glad I am not the only one with an obsessive personality. As I wait for my tank to stabilize, I have been buying equipment non-stop to satisfy the urge. I can't image the horror once I can buy corals and fishes. We def need a support group setup soon :D

Well, better to have your money wrapped up in equipment that will hold value? There is a support group. We're not supportive because it's like the blind leading the blind :)

Crazy idea...Maybe it should be established by our significant others. Made me twitch typing it :)

Thanks! I think a bigger tank once we get a bigger place. Right now the tank takes up most of it. I don't have a recent picture since I mounted everything off the racks, but here is a picture I took while I was setting up my radions:

IMG_1326_zps4d779b32.jpg

Here is also a half put together video of my reef before I took everything off the racks. I also had a 20 gallon stocked with acros that I added after this as well:

There is also plenty of pictures on my build thread, Two tanks, One room. I will update it tomorrow now that the frag racks are finally taken down!

Haha, not much advice given. Congrats on your new 120, that's a nice step up!

Wow, that is one sweet set up.  I can't wait to move so I can get things moving on a much bigger tank.