DuffyGeos 300g DT & 8 TANK FISH ROOM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This view is from the back corner where the water storage tank will be located. It shows the over hang past the wall that the tank will be cantilevered.  It also shows the vent box that will blow over the tank. The material above the opening on the wall is all Azek composite. I know that will get wet so I don't want to mess with it. Once the tank is installed, filled and settled I will add trim that attaches to the top of the tank from the wall and then silicone it so no water can get out to the front viewing panel.

gallery_2633915_1398_65652.jpg

Another view down the side of the tank. The vent covers are all plastic so I won't have to deal with rust.

gallery_2633915_1398_39829.jpg

Taken where the sink will be located. This unfinished stand is for the two frag tanks. The DT will get moved over to the main stand once I put the neoprene down and then we can finish the priming and painting of this stand. This also shows the electrical outlet in the ceiling, the exhaust vent, and the recessed LED lights.

gallery_2633915_1398_97301.jpg

So here is the pièce de résistance:

The 8" cantilevered tank.....thanks Jack for the idea! Well this is at least what it will look like. That is plastic where the outline of the tank will be, and light from the fish room.

gallery_2633915_1398_20665.jpg

gallery_2633915_1398_100343.jpg

And a cleaner look. So this week I should finish almost all of the trim and details for the main tank and the frag tanks. Water test the room, install the sink and new counter, and start thinking about the QT tank stand and how that all gets set up.

gallery_2633915_1398_16544.jpg

Isaac- so maybe I did actually get some stuff done?  Hummmmm. :happy:

Love it!

Thanks Jack, I am glad we talked through this option. I think it really gives it that wow factor when you walk into the room.

VERY cool!

Thanks! So far I am happy with how it has turned out. The one thing I did not want to lose was looking down the length of the tank...that is my favorite view.

Thanks! So far I am happy with how it has turned out. The one thing I did not want to lose was looking down the length of the tank...that is my favorite view.

Very nice! It's all coming together. I'm really glad you went cantilevered as well, it adds a look of suspense hanging off. I just got my quarterly chew out about "having such a big tank in a small place," but there was a "when we have a house you can have a whole room, a whole floor, I don't care, but you're not going bigger here!" So I guess stay tuned for my 500 gallon in about half a decade.

Your patience is starting to show the payoff, congrats!

Very nice! It's all coming together. I'm really glad you went cantilevered as well, it adds a look of suspense hanging off. I just got my quarterly chew out about "having such a big tank in a small place," but there was a "when we have a house you can have a whole room, a whole floor, I don't care, but you're not going bigger here!" So I guess stay tuned for my 500 gallon in about half a decade.

Your patience is starting to show the payoff, congrats!

Thanks! So am I.

You did video tape and record the "conversation" about the:

"when we have a house you can have a whole room, a whole floor, I don't care, but you're not going bigger here!"

Any witnesses? That will stand up in court. :rolleyes:

Wish I would have got a tour. Maybe next time

Ken...wow.  It's all looking AWESOME!!!  Ummm...can we say that your tank pics will certainly end up on my website after it's up?  And that's saying something....I haven't uploaded a new tank build pic to my website in about a year and a half HAHAHAHAHAHA.

And this build is worth it!!  Honored to have built the tank and frag tanks for ya!!

Wish I would have got a tour. Maybe next time

Sorry I was not around yesterday, thanks for the drop off of the reactor. You are welcome anytime you are in the area, which may be soon again for the next prenatal visit- future granddad!

Ken. I'm amazed. Like literally amazed.

Well thank you....thank you very much (with an Elvis accent)

Ken...wow.  It's all looking AWESOME!!!  Ummm...can we say that your tank pics will certainly end up on my website after it's up?  And that's saying something....I haven't uploaded a new tank build pic to my website in about a year and a half HAHAHAHAHAHA.

And this build is worth it!!  Honored to have built the tank and frag tanks for ya!!

I would be honored to have it on your website. You can use any of my pics or shoot your own. Not sure if you want it empty or full, or both. Tanks tend to look better with water coral and fish in them. :tongue:

Thank you again for for the tanks!!! So far so good. May have to do a little buffing on the outside in spots that may or may not have made it down the stairs unmarked.  Still don't know, I have not taken the plastic off!

Wow this is gonna be epic ...

Thanks Nick. It took a lot of looking at members tanks, asking a lot of questions, and looking at as many TOTM sites. Then I tried to pull as many ideas as possible to come up with a plan that hopefully solves most problems, or "things I would have done differently".

You could win totm the way it currently sits.

Thank you very much Jamie!

That would not be up to me :laugh:

But it is Tank of The Month...not tank full of mature corals ,rock, and beautiful fish :rolleyes:

That is looking awesome. Now get that thing filled with water. I have a bunch of colonies you need to buy!!!

I know, I know...... working on it :rolleyes:

Work faster. I'm running out of room. I think I need to set up one of your 70 gallon frag tanks and help me clear out my tank :)

They are actually the first thing that will get set up. Then I can get my frag collection squared away. That will buy me time to rockscape and get the tank cycled.

I don't need to cycle a frag tank if all that is in it are frags and a few fish- correct?