DuffyGeos 300g DT & 8 TANK FISH ROOM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, very nice build.  Just read through, and everything looks such high quality.

Thank you very much!!! I have been thinking about it for about a year and have got some great input from many knowledgeable WAMAS members. Only want to build it once.

like you, i'm loving the details. good work and thanks for the share, sir!

Thank you for following along Marco!! All the threads I like (yours included) show a lot of details and allow me to feel like I have been in the house and know the layout of the space and the system. I don't want to throw this together, so I have tried to think through the options before I start each phase. I like knowing why the the builder makes certain decisions, the problems they run into, and what choices they make to hopefully solve the issue at hand.

Wow coming Along so nicely. Great job love the details

Motti- thank you very much!

Love to see you have got your lighting squared away and are starting to add corals to your tank! Must be exciting!

Like a boss, Ken! Looks great, can't wait to see it wet!

Like a boss, Ken! Looks great, can't wait to see it wet!

Neither can I !!  Building the frag tank stand today and finishing up the framing around the main tank. Green board is also going up

Gym side view after a little more framing. This shows a little more of what the view will be since it can be seen form both sides.gallery_2633915_1398_18060.jpg

Wow! I'm officially jealous of all your space!

This is going to be pretty sweet. You've got plenty of power coming in near the tank, I hope?

(edited)

Wow! I'm officially jealous of all your space!

Well thank you. I probably would not have been so ambitious with the project if it were not for all of the cool build threads I have read on WAMAS and other sites. I have bought a lot of frags and used equipment from WAMAS members to pick their brains on systems to see what worked and what they would have changed.

Edited by DuffyGeos

This is going to be pretty sweet. You've got plenty of power coming in near the tank, I hope?

Tom the write up is back a couple pages, but here is the summary. Let me know if you see or think of anything else I might be missing, or any other suggestions.

I think I am up to:

4-  20A circuits

31 outlets

12 switches

8 recessed LED lights....that is it ;)

Oh, and an Delta exhaust fan rated 150cfm at less then .3 Sones...quiet 

It will be controlled by a Broan NuTone DH100w dehumidistat

Tom the write up is back a couple pages, but here is the summary. Let me know if you see or think of anything else I might be missing, or any other suggestions.

I think I am up to:

4-  20A circuits

31 outlets

12 switches

8 recessed LED lights....that is it ;)

Oh, and an Delta exhaust fan rated 150cfm at less then .3 Sones...quiet 

It will be controlled by a Broan NuTone DH100w dehumidistat

Sounds like you're really well prepared!

Sounds like you're really well prepared!

That is what happens when you read 9 months of WAMAS build threads before you start a build!

Dreams do come true. Real progress Ken. Just waiting for that catwalk for the angles we wher talking about. LOL :)

Dreams do come true. Real progress Ken. Just waiting for that catwalk for the angles we wher talking about. LOL :)

TOO FUNNY!!!!! I was just thinking about that. I was just thinking of how I was going to catch my neighbors cat and put him on it to take a picture of it for you!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

The "catwalk" has transformed into the 18" wide extra space on the stand where I can walk on it and climb all around to get to every corner of the tank. Once I acquired the sump I am going to use (65" x 29" x 20") and adjusted the stand to cover it I realized I would have a 42" wide stand with 13" shelf in front of it. Then if I added the adjustable "catwalk" of about 12" I would loose a lot of walking space. So I just made the stand 5" wider so I could climb on it which saved me 7" of walkway space.....if that makes sense.

I guess that will have to work? :) I will order smaller Angels .

They are skinny enough, I think they will fit. :cool:

View from inside the fish room doorway. Just finished the frag tank table and the space is getting a little tighter. It is on the opposite wall from the DT.  Not shown in this picture. Frag tank stand is about 7.5' x 30" . It is set about 35" off the ground and will hold a 180g tank below it for fresh or saltwater, not sure which yet. 72" span between posts on the frag tank.

gallery_2633915_1398_120126.jpg

Looks like you've got plenty of space in there. 

Not since the frag table has been installed, I need to install a water mixing station, shelving for 4-6 QT/Hospital tanks, put my 40" x 24" utility sink and fridge back in, add a counter top to the top of the sink and fridge....I was also just looking a small portable washing machines to wash rags and filter socks.