winter storm tomorrow

ctenophore

Just a heads up for those of you who don't pay much attention to weather forecasts.  They're calling for ice which means potential power outages.  Just by posting this I believe I just decreased my chances of any snow/ice by 25%.  By pulling out and testing my generator this afternoon I will decrease that another 50%.  So hopefully it turns out to be nothing, but don't risk your animals' lives by getting caught unprepared!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do your waterchange and turn the temp up on your heater one degree and you'll practically guarantee your safety!

The only problem by posting this you almost guaranteed that someone unprepared will get hit hard.

Mixing up fresh sw now, ro on hand, battery backups all working.

I lost power about an hour ago. It was only for a few minutes but it was enough to get me off my butt and to go check the generator and battery air pumps. Thanks for the reminder.

I dragged my generator out of the shed and up the hillside to my back patio yesterday, slipping in the mud along the way. I think that I've decreased my chances of needing it  by 75%. Without the mud, it probably would have only been 50%.

Hope everyone doesn't lose power, we got some good snow falling here in Woodbridge. Looks like the kids might miss school tomorrow.

I dragged my generator out of the shed and up the hillside to my back patio yesterday, slipping in the mud along the way. I think that I've decreased my chances of needing it  by 75%. Without the mud, it probably would have only been 50%.

im surprised its not sunny and 70 over there....

In Germantown we got a few inches of snow before the sleet started. Rockville only got maybe an inch before the sleet. Much more icy in Rockville.

Be careful!

We started with the snow about 9am and it had basically stopped by the 3rdQ of that 'thing' called a football game and the snow totaled 8" ... There was some rain/sleet while I used the snowblower on the sidewalk and driveway.  The generator is in the garage hoping that I don't call its name - it started up, reluctantly, yesterday but it still doesn't want to be used tonight or tomorrow.

School has already been cancelled for tomorrow - not that we care, but others are happy :-)

Schools closed here. The snow plow have been pass 3 times already. Just enough snow to almost cover the grass outside.

About an inch of snow and ice in Manassas, schools closed.  Waiting to see if Fed Gov closes tomorrow.

Schools in Loudoun County are closed too. Do you have the OPM app already, handy for weather like this? There has been two separate accidents on the street right in front of my house today so roads must be slippery.