winter storm tomorrow

ctenophore

Which mommy replies, then go clean your room.

thats how I start....by the end of the day I have fingers in my ears saying "I can't hear you LA LA LA LA LA"

today I had to play that stupid board game "headache" so many times I got a ......wait for it.....

HEADACHE!!!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schools in Loudoun County are closed too. Do you have the OPM app already, handy for weather like this? There has been two separate accidents on the street right in front of my house today so roads must be slippery.

My Dh has the app.  Unless it warms up, he's got a 50/50 chance of getting up the hill to the main road.  Just makes it easier on us if they close.....

looks like MD hasn't weighed in yet I can't imagine they are open if they are getting the ice the rest of us are....I would assume closed and make any arrangements necessary for that decision....better safe than sorry

Our neighborhood just lost power. :(

literally your neighbor?  The very last 3 or 4 houses on the end of our street are on a different circuit and when we are all dark they are like light house beacons and we all stare at the blue glow of their TVs with contempt lol

They kids are like this is so cool no school and the powers out... and then they stopped and looked at me and said does that mean no tv. lol

sorry to hear Roni...are you all set or do you need anything?

i'm good.  we invested in a whole house generator after the derecho for this exact situation.  Good thing since we're heading out of town wed.  Power outage while out of town = bad.  

hoping no one else is affected.   

Edited by roni

We lost power at 6:30am, right after we got out of bed to check gov't status.  Power came back on about 15 mins ago, just as I was ready to leave for my daughters house.  Temp in tank got down to 76.4, WP25 didn't remember it's settings, and I had to add a gallon of water, not sure what was up with that, as my ato was also trying to fill the sump.  

We had a pine tree pull itself up by the roots onto our pool deck, thankfully the lattice that holds up some vines broke it's fall and it didn't hit our pool (it's fiberglass), instead it's gingerly dangling over the pool  :wacko:.    I live in the woods, so we hear a tree drop every now and then out back.  

We've been in this house almost 19 years, the first 15 years I could count on my right hand how many times we lost power, and only once for more than a few hours, we were one of the few neighborhoods that had power after Isabelle.  But the past four years we've lost power several times, once for 2 days.  I'm going to have to start a thread on "what small generator" to buy.....

Power out here in Springfield. Running on a 400 watt power inverter - have the circulation pump going, a spare 150 watt heater and a battery operated air pump. Hope this comes back soon!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I'm at work.  hopefully we dont loose power, or the wife is going to have her hands full getting the generator up and running..

And that is the biggest issue of all: how do you power yoru tank while no one is home (without spending over $5000)? If only there were some way to power even a 100 watt heater automatically. (I can generate enough flow with a battery powered air pump.)

You can now buy battery backup powerheads but not heaters.

Edited by sen5241b

And that is the biggest issue of all: how do you power yoru tank while no one is home (without spending over $5000)? If only there were some way to power even a 100 watt heater automatically. (I can generate enough flow with a battery powered air pump.)

You can now buy battery backup powerheads but not heaters.

Yea I have a large inverter hooked up to a car battery. All my wife or neighbor would have to do is switch it on and plug in the marked heater and power head. That would be good enough to get by until I get home from work.

So we lost power for about two minutes while I was at work. I just got home to find my tank running, but both my tunze 6105's and my WP25 (frag tank) were off even though they were plugged in. Had to unplug the tunes from the 7095 and plug them back in to get them to run. The WP25 is still not responding even though the controller is lit up.

Anyone know how to reset a WP25?

The National Weather Service Monday morning issued a Winter Storm Watch for the entire Northern Virginia region calling for possible heavy snow to hit the area Tuesday. The watch is in effect from Monday night into Tuesday afternoon.

Precipitation could start with sleet Monday night. Predictions are for accumulations of 5 inches or more of snow to fall from Tuesday at dawn through early Tuesday afternoon, likely impacting the morning rush hour.

Temperatures Tuesday are expected to be in the upper 20s and lower 30s. Morning snow could fall at rates between 1-2 inches per hour for two to four hours, making for hazardous driving during the morning commute.

Edited by sachabballi reef